HKS USA to close, bRyan what ever will you do???

from SupraForums.com

[quote=“RossoCorsaItaly”"]

I am very sad to inform all of my Supra brothers that MVP Motorsports Inc. and other HKS distributors and dealers in the United States were notified today of the upcoming closure of HKS USA. We have been in complete shock today that what is without question the most recognizable and longest standing brand in the history of the import community is closing its doors in the U.S. It is definitely a shock and a wake up call to all of us for not only the economic climate of the United States, but also of the state of the import parts community. There are many factors, but mainly Japanese distributors have been struggling with inferior Chinese imitations of their products along with the weak US DOLLAR ($) in relation to the Japanese Yen were likely the two largest contributors.

MVP Motorsports Inc. has stood around and watched the direction of this industry change for the worse over the last decade and our company has had to make many changes to adapt and continue to remain not only profitable, but also to simply stay in business. There was a time when we were exclusively an import shop, but to adapt we have had to become a more general business selling in market places that are outside of our passion and desire. It’s saddened me that this market is dying and it is not due to lack of interest from customers, it is due to lack of support to LEGITIMATE manufacturers and authorized dealers for the purpose of saving a few bucks.

In the recent years MVP has watched Blitz USA, ARC (both USA & JAPAN), and now HKS USA close. We are watching legendary brands who have spent millions of dollars in R&D to make the Supra and other imports what they are today be replaced with Joe Schmo on eBay with a CNC machine in his garage.

We wanted to take our time and thank loyal Supra owners and customers in general who are willing to support authorized dealers such as MVP Motorsports Inc. who are willing to reinvest their profits back into the Supra community to release products, sponsor meets, and really help grow the community for the motor. However more importantly, it is because more and more people are not willing to support the brands who have helped make the Supra what it is. For example.

If a certain HKS product costs $1,000 and a no name Chinese knock off brand costs $500. Many people are going with the knock off brand for the sole purpose of saving money. While I respect that everyone has a different budget or may simply not care to support the R&D that a manufacturer puts into along with the warranty and after care support, the end result is situations like this.

When all of the quality brands have been run out of business, what quality parts will be left to copy?

When all of the quality brands stop investing into the R&D, how will we be able to push the limits of our cars? How will we make more power? How will we improve the reliability of the power we are making?

These are questions I ask myself as I think about the future of the aftermarket and I hope that you take into consideration to. I will always respect the end users decision to not purchase from us or use brands that do not support the Supra or the community in general, I just hope you are aware that while the short term savings are very appealing, the long term damage that is done to our community is a reality whether we wish to acknowledge it or not.

We don’t have much information yet on the full details of the closure but will do our best to keep our customers updated. However I highly recommend that if you are wanting HKS parts to prioritize them now because with the change it is likely prices will increase and availability will decrease.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and once again for your support over the years, we will do our best to adapt to this change and keep you, our loyal customer and supporter, in the loop.

Kind Regards,

Kevin Calvert

Director of Operations

MVP Motorsports Inc.

[/quote]

Wow, sucks. Been a supporter of their products for years.

That does suck, I have some of their goodies too

:frowning:

gotta love junk chinese eBay knockoffs of every quality product HKS and other large companies produced.

Yeah that’s too bad but I’m definitely not surprised considering the economic state of our country and the high price tag attached to these aftermarket parts.

Yeah Ive bought some cheap stuff but when it comes to srs parts I buy the good stuff, Greddy, HKS, Apexi ect

just so everyone knows, this doesn’t mean you can’t get hks products, it will just take a little longer. they are closing down their doors in the u.s.a. but they will still sell to us, just is gonna come from japan.

JDM fuck yeah

True but considering the state of Japan it could be a long while before you see your parts.

what will be available hasnt been confirmed yet. but its pretty sad to see a HUGE company with a long standing reputation shut down. really shows how bad things are here.

:rofl:rofl

Hard for kids to not buy Chinese knock-offs when most of them can barely afford insurance on their $3000 “tuner”, do you honestly expect them to pay $1k+ for a cat back especially 90% of them buy exhaust as nothing more than sound effects generator for fly by videos.

I know it is very convenient to simply blame the knock-off’s and I am by no means speaking for those products. I am sure the knock-off’s is a contributing factor but admit it, it probably had a lot more to do with the economy and frankly the market simply is not there any more. Check the news, if even wally mart have problem selling dirt cheap shit necessities to people, can’t really be that hard to see why people can’t afford $1000 exhaust.

i only bought one of their products and it was junk.

or it has. right from the letter sent to the dealers:

Most likely by the end of August, HKS Co., Ltd. will serve the US market from japan, at which time all operation of HKS USA, Inc. will be closed.

i honestly didn’t read your quote from supra forums because i read the letter earlier today on jdmego’s blog. so idk if there was different info posted there but that is right from hks.

some parts are HKS USA specific, so whether they will be discontinued has yet to be confirmed.

im not here to have a dick swinging contest with you, apparently you are a godly creature. im just posting something i read. im glad you are on the email list for JDMhomo and HKS USA’s newsletter

sucks alot i’ve been buying alot of their audio stuff

goodbye mushroom filter :frowning:

“We are watching legendary brands who have spent millions of dollars in R&D to make the Supra and other imports what they are today be replaced with Joe Schmo on eBay with a CNC machine in his garage.”

This sentence irks me a bit. How did HKS get their start?

hmmm…

:rofl

Not true, I do a lot of international shipping at my work and we have customers in Japan, exporting and importing from Japan is pretty much right back to where it was before the earthquake.