Hlep 97 sr swap a/c Problem

guys, help me out with this plz.
M.Y. Racing said that the sr’s a/c piping dont match.
i have no clue why the hack they came up with this.
Saying" get the a/c done, add 450 to the engine swap charge"
fuck. i paied for the 3200 for the engine, 1800 for the labor, 400 for the fmic piping…
and they still asking for this bullshit.
btw, the engine came in with the front clip, so i think they have all the parts they need to make everything going FINE for this engine swap.
i ve already gave up the sr oem rad. now they moved to the a/c part…
can someone tell me is it their responsiablity for making the a/c runing .
thx guys, best regars.

1800 to do the swap? ouch

I think SR and KA AC lines don’t match up 100%
Extra work and materials is need to do the job properly on a swap if that is the case.
Even If all the parts were there, it is extra work.

90% of SR swaps out there do not connect the A/C.

Cheers

I dunno why they are talking about with the piping. When Riyad at Riworx did my swap he left all the lines and made a custom braket on my SR for the KA compressor. I guess they are using another compressor??

As stated, if u havn’t already mentioned ask if they would take the time to make a custom bracket using the KA comp, seems to be the best alternative .

Good point

thanks guys… but this shit has pissed me off already.
as you know, the engine swap stared on may 27th, and they just kept dragging and everyweek i got a call saying that this wont work, that wont work. frankly, everything thing cost me over 6000 already for this shit.
okay…so is it possible to make the sr compressor work on my car?.(or the sr compressor should be belong to me or it costs extra)?
again, thanks alot guys really.

oh, hold on a sec,
the sr im getting came with a FRONT CLIP.
and i can see the A/C control pannel.
just thinking if they use the sr compressor and the sr’s control pannel. would that work?

Thats cuz Riyad is a class act gentleman that does shit right.

Yes sir!

Did u at least get a flat rate and pay up front?

ah, i didnt follow what you mean,
pardon?

bump
help me…

He’s saying, did you agree to a certain price up front and pay in full. Once you agree to a price, it shouldnt cost more.

From what it sounds like, they’re “experimenting” with your car and don’t really know what they are doing. They are over charging you.

WOW…i just went through a similar problem with another shop with my car…except it took them 7 months and the car still doesn’t work

we live and learn…sometimes we just learn with our wallets

most of the stuff in your 1/2cut is a mirror opposite of the KA stuff, because the dash and all the guts inside are backwards for RHD.

I thought I read somewhere the KA comp/bracket bolts up using 3 out of 4 bolts… and you use the complete KA setup

u use complete ka setup and need custom bracket. search zilvia.net someone sells them there is all i know. 99% of sr swaps i seen have no a/c … only a/c sr there are usually are RHD cars haha… jlee has a/c setup on his s13redtop sr for his s14… u can see if he can shed some light, dunno if it works tho :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry to hear that my friend.
I think they should have made this fact know to you before hand. Anyone that has done an SR swap would know that the compressor lines are different. They are very much at fault here.
Your options as stated above would be to get the custom bracket made, there have some for sale on zilvia. I know guys are talking about Riayd above but it cost them extra to get the AC which was made know to them before he swap. AC is not part of any standard SR swap and would cost about 3-400 to get the brakcet made.

Another option since you got the clip would be for them to use all the jdm lines from the bay which is considerbaly more work.
Bro, it sounds like you’ve been taken for a ride. The reason a select number of shops are chosen is because they know this swap inside out.

okay…i can not describe how appriciate i am guys.
thank you.
i know what to do now.