hockey skates

does anyone know where they put new chassis’ on hockey skates? i love my CCM tacks but i want a lighter chassis on them. I don’t wanna break in a new pair.

www.skatestore.org

I still have a pair of brand new Tacks I only used 5 times. I need to break them in this winter.

my buddy in the North Hills does it Cutty, he had a VERY reputable shop on rt 8 down by hampton called the Penalty Box, but now runs it out of his house by the bus garage off mcKnight rd… i think like 20 per chasis and 5 or so to put them on… you prob want the TuuK lightspeed chasis, its the best and lightest on the market now… i have it on my skates now and on my old ones and absolutely love them.

What size are your Tacks and the regular TuuK plus chasis is good enough for public skates and whatnot because of the price differance.

If you dont feel like goin through my friend to get them, you can call KO-Sports in cannonsburg.

and if you were talking about getting the Pro-Lites, which is made for CCM skates, he has rubbermade containers full of them too. Pm me if you want his number.

Heat forming > Breaking in

ive wore my last 2 pairs straight out of the box into games :smiley:

i have some 152’s, so i have the shitty chassis. because they are a low model would i need new blades too? even the 152’s were like $115 when i got em, i couldn’t afford super tacks.

so you have the Old ICM blades… the blade isnt made for the skate, like a blade isnt specific for the Tacks, its specific for the chasis… so if you get new chasiss, you need new blades. id go with Pro-lights, i think he changed a buddy of mines for like $50, thats chasis, blades, mounting them and sharpening them (he’s one of the best at sharpening in pittsburgh :D)

they are a light chasis. they dont hold up as well as the Tuuk’s but i doubt you will need something super super durable