Scehenly Park ice skating

Just throwin this out there, but theres a group of people goin up to schenely park tonite to hit the outdoor ice rink. the session is from 9:30 to 11:30. its an 18 & over session.

i’m in either way… just dunno if the gf is commin

Shit I was debating this by myself the other day b/c I need to break in my new skates. But, I think I’m going tomorrow afternoon.

uhhh i hate breakin in skates… i almost wanna get new chassis put on mine so i can keep the boot.

why? whats wrong with the chasis you have now??

new ones arent too bad to break in due to heat forming them.

they are only the 152 tacks. they dont have the lightweight chassis

I agree. It’s not as bad as it used to be like Chad said with heat forming and shit. I had mine heat formed and pressure formed tonite but I just want to get back on them.

I just got new skates about 6 months ago but they got busted on a shot the other night so I gotta go through breaking in another pair. Yuck.

getting a new chasis on a pair of 152 tacks is probably going to cost about $75. The only place i would let do it is Neville island pro shop or Esporta on neville island. Maybe Ko sports in cannonsburg.

so why didnt you just get a new holder rather than paying for new skates?

Honestly, because I’m a gear whore and like new shit :rofl:

But really, I converted a pair of low end Vapor’s to inline skates and love them. I had those Flexlites and they just fit a bit different, obviously, than the Vapors. I took the skates down to KO a couple of nights ago and when the holder broke it took a little bit of the heal part of the skate with it, so it would have required a little bit of reworking.

So, I figured screw it, It’d be nice to have the same boot for both roller and ice and I got a really really good deal on these skates so I figured I’d just take the jump.

I use Bauer Supreme 5000’s for my roller blades. love them