Holy sleeper batman!

you people baffle me

I like the sleeper look of it. Not for me but what the hell? If it gives him some cheap fun @ the track, all the power to em.
I wouldnt mind picking up an old t type, get rid of the turbo hood, keep it as stock looking as possible and turbo the shit outta it.

[quote=“brent_strong,post:9,topic:38716"”]

I think your budget is a bit low. :lol:

He was blowing the dudes at the junkyard if he got an $800 LS1. What about the transmission? Mounts, fuel, cooling…

[/quote]

i was able to get multiple LS1’s for 500$ each last year. they might need a minor freshening but they were in pretty good shape. i didnt need them so i didnt bother.

Brian

[quote=“speedracer329,post:21,topic:38716"”]

you people baffle me

[/quote]

in what way?

I think it’d be cool if it ran low 11’s or something like that. 13’s is just meh for how ugly the car is though.

waste of money at any cost.

If you got $, you can do whatever. That’s at least how I feel.
But my heart is more 70’s American muscle and new school euros. Mostly German in that light.
Hence the Gn bieng up for sale. I want to replace it with a M3 Bmw, or a 1970 Challenger. The new 1 is going to be my daily.

[quote=“reliant_turbo,post:24,topic:38716"”]

in what way?

[/quote]

getting the right motor, but putting it in the wrong car…

you guys all baffle me with your stupid comments.

what if he wanted to just build a project cause he wanted to.

there is no definition for if a project is deemed worthy or not. if he likes the end result and is satisfied with his work then that is all that matters. not what a bunch of jackoffs on the internet think.

the only ones that are retarded are the people that are being negative and judgemental.

Brian

I wonder what the ratio of people who said this car is slow vs what their cars run…

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:30,topic:38716"”]

I wonder what the ratio of people who said this car is slow vs what their cars run…

[/quote]

Just cause my car is slow doesn’t mean that a 13.0 second car is fast. But at the same time none of us ever put videos of our cars on the internet running the 1/4 mile and showing our LS1 swap to run 13.0. I think theres a lot more to be had in that car, just doesn’t do it for me. Its nice to see people who are into doing different cars though thats for sure.

[quote=“Boomin99GT,post:31,topic:38716"”]

Just cause my car is slow doesn’t mean that a 13.0 second car is fast. But at the same time none of us ever put videos of our cars on the internet running the 1/4 mile and showing our LS1 swap to run 13.0. I think theres a lot more to be had in that car, just doesn’t do it for me. Its nice to see people who are into doing different cars though thats for sure.

[/quote]

The difference here is it is a swap and not stock which has been run at the track in many different configurations all revolving the stock platform. Tons of honda guys have swap vids up of the cars running 13’s with half the wieght and half the power.

Everyone has an opinion…its our way.
That guy posted up that video for him to share with people his achivement, the original poster of this thread watched the vid, enjoyed it, and posted the link here…because he liked it. You cant make everyone happy, you cant change everyones minds. fuck it.
I dont like ricers with huge wings, fart cans, and spinner hub caps, but thats me and someone that likes those things on their car will argue till they’re blue in the face how cool that stuff is.

american cars in general baffle me, im mostly baffled because i think if that thing pulled up next to me, i wouldnt consider it a sleeper… theres a lot of fast older american muscle, im just not falling for it anymore. if it were a prius or something thats something else… i watched the vid, as a project its cool, now lets see w. some spray

[quote=“speedracer329,post:34,topic:38716"”]

american cars in general baffle me, im mostly baffled because i think if that thing pulled up next to me, i wouldnt consider it a sleeper… theres a lot of fast older american muscle, im just not falling for it anymore. if it were a prius or something thats something else… i watched the vid, as a project its cool, now lets see w. some spray

[/quote]

a 1980s Chevy Caprice?
I wouldnt consider that “american muscle”

Please they were family/old lady cars

The highest engine option was a 350 (most had 305s) that couldnt turn 16s in the quarter

I consider it a sleeper

When I see anything foreign I dont assume its fast but I assume the driver thinks it is…

11’s and 10’s really aren’t fast anymore,especially when you’ve got people running those times in full size diesel trucks,LOL.

[quote=“Jon,post:36,topic:38716"”]

11’s and 10’s really aren’t fast anymore,especially when you’ve got people running those times in full size diesel trucks,LOL.

[/quote]

thats like saying a girl isnt hot because theres lots of other hot girls
:smash2:

yeah “fast” cars are alot more common these days

There are alot of fast cars out there but how many do you encounter on the average trip to the store or the daily commute to work

Fast to me is something that will outrun 90%+ of the cars you encounter daily

[quote=“Jon,post:36,topic:38716"”]

[/quote]

11’s and 10’s are fast. 70% of the people on this site haven’t run a 13 or better, and about 5% or less have run an 11.

11’s and 10’s are fast.

hows this for a sleeper

[quote=“neonglh,post:38,topic:38716"”]

11’s and 10’s are fast. 70% of the people on this site haven’t run a 13 or better, and about 5% or less have run an 11.

11’s and 10’s are fast.

[/quote]

correctomongo