Home buying sucks!

The 23 houses down in my hood go for 55-75. Unlimited fishing,boating, flooding, loud trains, 2200 sq foot houses and all of the 23 houses have damned good people.

well except your buddy with the 50K+white chevy pickup that cut you off with the cigarette boat sign on his truck. :rofl:

Its going to be tough to find in the south hills though, unless you get a house that has problems already (i.e. flooding basement, bad roof, etc). We bought our townhouse 2.5 years ago in Bethel and it is just a basic 2 bedroom (big bedrooms) 1.5 bath w/ a separate living room and dining room, nice deck, no yard and very few upgrades, and a one car garage for $110,000. It is going to be tough to find a townhouse or stand alone house for much less than 80,000 if you want a garge, a well maintained house, and in a safe neighborhood.

Not sure which county your lookin in but in northern washington county it’s pretty damn hard to find a half decent house on 5-10 acres for under 300.

beaver county has alot of nice land for sale. plus it’s stupid easy to navigate.

Anything is the South Hills for under $60K is going to need some work. Things like roof, windows, kitchen, bath, basement, etc. Which isnt too bad of a thing if you can do your own work and have the time. That way you can make the house like you want it and you know that everything is done right…fuck buying a flipped house nothing but cheap garbage used and half ass work.

i know the headache of trying to find a house it the south hills. i was looking for one this past summer and couldn’t really find anything that fit. there are a lot of nice houses in brentwood as well so you might want to look there.

Not all people are meant to be home owners. Maybe you should look at renting till you can increase your budget. I couldn’t even imagine some of the shitholes you can find now for that price.

To me buying a home was easy, I knew how much I had to spend and I knew what features I wanted in a house. Gave it to my real estate agent and she found the houses we might be interested in. The dream one came along and we bought it. Pretty simple if you ask me.

Will and I have been searching for the past 2 months on houses around that price…

We need a garage as well.

We found a few, and yes they need work, but great neighborhods, good school dist, ect.

Try searching Crafton/ Ingram/ Crafton Heights…

You can find those houses in Sheradon too but you have to watch the area, some are much worse than others…Also, the cut off to city lines are close so make sure you pay attention to the taxes.

But you can find a decent house w/ garage for that price. I might still have a bunch saved in my email if your interestsd.

I wouldn’t say if all you can afford is $60K then “you’re not meant to own a home”. There are homes in decent neighborhoods for that price but you have to make sure you are able to fix it up and can afford to do so.

As for it being simple…it isn’t doesn’t always work like that. There are people who have been searching for years to find a home. It all depends on what you want and what you are willing to spend.

I guess if you consider those “good” neighborhoods then yes, you will be able to find something in that price range.

There are a ton of deals to be found on houses you just have to be patient. I got my house in a decent neighborhood, dead end street, with a rental property in the rear of the property that pays my mortgage for $42k

House across the street from me in nice shape, 1100sq ft ranch, single car garage, 3 bedrooms, nicely kept just needed updated. Some young girl bought it for $54k.

Just gotta look

Peeping Tom pics of young girl?

$80k is a good starting point. That’s what I’m looking at as well. I know it’s not going to be a long-term house for me to live in so I just want something that will at least hold the value for 5-7 years.

Absolutely. I’ve been patiently looking, waiting, and saving for 2 1/2 years now and I’m just now to the point where I’m comfortable plunking money down on something. And yes, the deals are out there. You just have to be patient and accept the fact that the more “limitations” you have on what you want to buy (price, location, features) the longer it is going to take to find something.

It all depends on what you are looking at for a neighborhood and house, obviously the lower the price, the more compromises you make. One man’s bad neighborhood is another man hometown, it’s all in perception… but if you feel unsafe or unsure in a neighborhood check with the local police to find out how often they are on the street.

If all you have is 60k to spend, then go for it… spend the time finding what is right for you in a street and neighborhood that is right for you. If everyone could afford 100k for a house, then there wouldn’t be 50k homes.

Allegheny county has a city in the middle of it… yeah it’s gonna have a larger infrastructure and tax base. The real suprise will be for the owners who moved out of allegheny for lower school taxes… like Mars and Seneca Valley (Butler) those schools are starting to bust at the seams, and when it’s time to build new faciliities or expand what do you think will happen to the school taxes? You’re going to pay taxes wherever you go, so it comes down to where you want to live and if the taxes are worth it.

dormont has homes in that price range. not the best area but not the worst either

you dont think so?

when i heard crafton before i though…UGH…but then i spent more and more time over there when will and i started dating and just fell in love w/ the area. and ingrams even better. its quiet, neighbors are mostly old school. the type where you can leave your doors open, or go next door for a cup of sugar and not get shit for it. ya know.

I loved Ingram bc its lower taxes, montour school dist and they dont allow sec. 8. its also close to every main road in pgh.

where as Crafton has low taxes, but carlyton school dist. Crafton heights is where you start to get kinda ghettoish only bc it gets closer to city limits and then you have Sheradon in the flats…

I have this “hill” theory. if your on top of the hill its seems to better neighborhood than on the lower level areas.

for instance. I grew up on Sharpshill which is Shaler twp. but below me is etna and sharpsburgh…not too many people even know theres houses up there. its a small lil area about a mile long. everyone knows everyone type of place. The housing remains high to keep the bs out. You wont find anything under 100k there.

Same as the top of the hill in Crafton. go down the hill to “downtown” Crafton/carnegie it starts getting bad…