home made vodka

aight i wanna start to make my own and have no idea lol does any one have hints or tips?

lol you would.

ur right lol

just make your own beer. i’ll come drink some :slight_smile:

id take vodka over beer n e day of the week

JD and Jager>*

yaggaa bombss ftl

Vodka is easy, get a big pot (4 or 5 gallons), wheat, potatoes or rye, yeast and water. Mash up the grain or potatoes with the water (a few gallons) then cook the mash and water for an hour or so to release the proteins then let it cool to just above room temp (70-80 degrees). Add the yeast and cover it for a few days stirring it every day. It will bubble and fizz, at this point you’ll need a hydrometer to measure specific gravity. After a couple days to a week check the alc content, once it gets up to over 12-15% then strain off the liquid. Now you need to make a still to concentrate the liquid with the 12-15% alc up to over 80-90% alc. I believe you have to heat the liquid in the still to 160ish degrees to separate the alc from the water. Once the alcohol content is 80+% just cut it in half with water and you have 80 proof vodka. Sorry for the long semi-confusing post.

Jesus is there any alcohol you don’t know how to make? lol.

thats prolly the best instructions i could get, ty

does it matter what kind of potatoes u use?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060812094129AAnKT52

by the time everything is said and done it might just be better to buy your own, and i almost guarantee that skol vodka will take better than your home made shit

buy cheap stuff and run it through a Britta 3 times?

I don’t drink but I have heard it works.

get some wine…make some shine

yuck… jager tastes like cough syrup

bushmills> *

no almost about it, it will taste like swill or be so unpure it will kill you or make you blind

lol ^

good 'ol moonshine

don’t you need a distill?

rofl well its worth a shot