Home Network Options??

I’m not even sure what that means.
Does anyone have any instructions for running cable in a two story house. Part of the problem is that i have never even seen it done. I’m a very visual person.

the adapter for this stuff aren’t that cheap yet. would be more cost effective to just buy a decent wireless connection for the desktop.

I agree, which is why I dont use it.

and im not sure many people realize it actually available.

well whatever u decide to do, i have a 100ft eathnet cable for sale for 65. got it from radio shack a week ago. was 78+tax

i was actually lookin at those today and i thought it was weird cause if it travels through your power lines couldn’t a neighbor buy one knowing you have that in your house and just get the internet??

Running cable is not a real project. Just run it anywhere it fits or there is a hole. No hole? … make one.

Option #2 put the cable modem on the side of the house where you need the speed most… wireless to other side… basically swap sides on what you have now

Option#3 for the future, buy Wireless “N” equipment. Significant range improvement. G blows.

I can get 100ft from monoprice for $15 or 1000ft for $100

lol damn dude did u walk in with your pants down, or take them off when you paid that price?

lmao i just got a 50ft for like $10 shipped on ebay from a buy it now, works 100%.

Holy shit you over-paid.

It takes about 10 seconds on google or amazon and you can get 1000’ rolls of cat 6 for what you paid. Jeeze, I should just go into busienss :slight_smile:

radioshack FTMFL

Alright so I took a closer look at everything today. I did some measuring and there is no where that I have a pre existing hole to even try to start from. The way the heating ducts are run is different than I had anticipated so I am going to have to go wireless…at least for now.

So here is my new question…Wireless N or Wireless G ??

802.n here.

Insightful :crap:

faster, next step protocol, newest standard, blah blag blah.

What more insight do you need?

That is akin to asking if you should go Pentium IV versus Pentium Dual Core.

:gotme: