Home networking - wall plates?

i am looking for a combo out let wall plate for my new house. I cannot find a wall plate that has cat6, rj45, and A/C? has any1 purchased something like this.

a/c? alternating current? no…

You should not run AC that close to data… for alot of reasons. Also, the building inspector (in Amherst at least) doesn’t like them within 4" of each other.

If you really insist on doing it: 2gang box. AC one side, data the other.

you cant run A/C with anything near telecom without a barrier between which still isnt the best. You can check out Graybar in Cheektowaga. We get all our stuff from there for cabling.

achm Rexel not graybar!

Anyhow no there is no such thing because it is illegal to have those two voltages in the same box without a divider. What your best be is to place a box with your ac on one stud, and on the other stud in the same wall gap place your low voltage box. Then you can get a keystone plate that will take Coax, Newtork audio video whatever you want to snap in.

humm, tha suxer. what is this keystone plate? mike do you work at rexel?

Yeah, I am one of the sales reps.

a keystone plate is a wallplate with cutouts in it that you can snap any combination of jacks into.

keystones are the easiet & most efficient way to do it. Trust me… I did the whole house here.

i took a look at them do they make any VGA plates?

yeah. Take a look at hubbell or leviton both companies make a vga port however it is not a standard keystone plate it is a special and more expensive plate that has slide in interchangeable jacks.

to get an idea of what can be done…

http://www.partsexpress.com/structured-wiring.cfm

I’ve used alot of their parts in the past. Not the best, but not the worst either.