Home Painting ideas... opinions...

ok so i feel like painting my house and getting new carpet put in… my house is an older cape cod in buffalo… i can get paint for really cheap, but i dont know what color/style to paint the house, i think i am going to start off with the bathroom and go from there…

the bathroom is a standard bathroom, about 4 ft/8ft right now it is white… if you have a sweet bathroom, please host pics… or tell me where to get ideas from…

thanks
-will

what neutral colors go well with everything…? i wish i had a mansion :frowning:

What kind of deal can you get on paint? I may be able to help you out there with better prices. let me know

i have a friend that works at a paint store, what kind of deal can you offer :wink: lol

anybody got a hookup on carpet? or anybody wanna help me install it if i can find it for cheap???

yeah i’ll help…
<–works for food haha

you ever install carpet???

flat black y0

carpet remnants :tup:

i have pics that are of Rossi and Hayden in teh bathroom… both are black frames with b/w pics in them… flat black would be alright… but i think im gonna go a gray in the bathroom… but we will see…

???

An alternative to carpet would be wood-look laminate. You can install it yourself with some effort (once you get the hang of it, it goes very quickly). It may be similar in cost if you install it yourself. Probably a little more.

yea… that shit is EXPENSIVE… i would love to have wood floors… how much are they??? anybody got a hook up there??

scrap carpet from stuff they sell… can be had for alot cheeper in some cases too :slight_smile:

go to a carpet store and ask what they have, as far as carpet remnants go :slight_smile:

How big of an area are you trying to carpet? Remnants are cool and a great way to save $, but only if it is a small enough room, and the carpet doesn’t need to match the rest of the house.

thanks for the explanation… my house will have rainbow floors… lol

lol seriously… sometimes you can find alot of the same stuff too. just gotta look around :slight_smile:

make the bathroom floor look like this!

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/6195/pic200558zp.jpg

The laminate isn’t too bad.

anybody got a hook up on hardwood floors?

you gonna do laminate floors your self? i did easy as long as you have skills with a saw(i used a sabre saw) cheap and easy check out Grossmans bargain outlet on walden I got mine for .98 sq ft decent quality and makes a huge difference. .

As far as the outside goes, take a pic of the house from say across the street and Photoshop it with colors you might like-thats what i did. Or post the pics and i can give it a shot for ya.

my bathroom is black lower part of the wall silver thin line running through the middle and the top portion is blue