Where to buy new carpet?

The wife and I have spent the weekend painting the new house and decided that we want new carpet for the living room, hallway, and two bedrooms. Where is the best place to look? Home Depot told my wife that it would take 4 weeks to install and that their 130 installation for an entire house does not include pulling up the old carpet or moving furniture. We want to have this done before we move our furniture in 3 weeks so we are working on a tight schedule. My wife wants to call Empire and have them come to our house, but I wasn’t sure who else to get prices from.

Thanks!

Empire is Expensive…

Call me Pm sent

Search on Craigslist in the “services” section. My parents found an independent contractor who did their whole house for a very reasonable price.

I am also looking to have some carpet done. Just in my master bedroom. Anyone have any more input?

we had home depot do ours… they set up a contractor who came out and measuerd evrything. he gave all the info to home depot, we picked the carpet and they can and did it … looks great could not be happier… we did pull up the old carpet and move all of the furnature our selves though

Cunningham Floor Covering.

My dad sells and installs 20+ years

412-897-1241

Home Depot is way over priced

Molyneaux did our whole house when we built it (carpet, vinyl, ceramic). Larry Lint didn’t have exactly what we were looking for, also looked at Rusmur and a few others.

i went to a remnant place for my bedroom. cheap carpet and very inexpensive instalation very nice work and great carpet. just depends on the size. if they have a remnant in that size. my room was 12x22 and they had a shit ton in alot of colors and textures. i went to the place with the rug bug on 51 in brentwood/whitehall area. it was installed with in 2 days of me picking out the carpet

Thanks for all the recommendations. We will check at some of these places this week and if none work out maybe we’ll have Empire come do it. We only have 2 bedrooms, the living room and hallway to do. We don’t have any furniture yet and I was going to pull up all the current carpet. So I am hoping that it will be cheap for install since all of that will already be done. Do you think I could budget like $1,500 for that? The master bedroom is like 14 X 12, the other bedroom is like 12 X 11, the living room is like 25 X 20 and the hallway is only like 11 X 3.

Well if your going to pull it up save yourself the money and leave the tack strip around the perimeter down. Unless its rotted or broken there is no reason to replace it.

I am going to be shopping for carpet in the near future as well. Where is he located at and will he go to Allison Park to install?

My dad doesnt have a shop he’ll bring the samples to you. In home shopping FTW. Yes Allison Park is no problem.

Thats approx 92.5 Sq Yd. You can get a decent carpet for 12-15 a yard. Plus you have to get the padding, thats a couple of bucks per foot, plkus the install.
You should budget closer to $2,000. You may be able to get the $1500 with some rems, depends on how flexible you(meaning your wife)are for color and style.

Green - Does he do laminates? Been shopping a few places and they seem extremely expensive. Molyneaux was outrageous,

Went to Remnant City tonight and got all the carpet for an installed price of $1,300 with top of the line padding. Thanks for all of the recommendations guys.

wow thats high what are the dimensions?

We rounded up to 60 sq yds, but I think we were in the high 50’s. I would have had some more time to shop around and have your dad come bring some samples, but we needed to buy either yesterday or today so that we could get the carpet in before we move the furniture in. Compared to the prices at home depot and Roth I was pretty happy. Here’s the dimensions:

Living Room: 18 X 12
Hallway: 3.5 X 12
Master: 12 X 13
Guestroom: 9 X 13

That’s all we needed for the upstairs since the rest is all hardwood. I will def. be giving your dad a call when we do the basement though. We have a large gameroom, two other smaller rooms and the steps that will need done. But that won’t be for a little while.

got a ballpark on installed cost for a room that’s 16’ x 21’?
decent carpet and padding but nothing extravagant as it is the bedroom…most of my time in there is spent on the bed.

awesome… will he come out to the north hills?

after i get my money from my lawsuit i will be getting new carpet for my basement… but that wont be until september or so