I love tenants.

So, I got the keys to the Condo yesterday.

I walk in, and I see an almost empty condo. Yay.

I look down, see stains ALL over the carpet. Ugh.

It’s no wonder she had an oriental rug over it. Ugh.

I walk around - and find a host of cool little things, like some instant noodles left in the closet, some frozen random korean food in the freezer, some dishes (saucers, cups, etc) in the dishwasher, some other crap too, like children’s clothing in the closet, a broken toilet seat, a beta fish in a tank, with no food in sight.

Sweet. The place is pretty fucking dusty. Ugh.

The A/C units (4 of them) are all pretty good, pretty dusty though, doesn’t look like she used it much.

My fridge is old (that’s fine, getting a new one), and there’s a load of food in there too.

The carpet in every room is fucking NASTY. Ugh.

Called Empire carpet, I have a appt for them to come over today at 5 - how much is carpet + installation normally? like 10 bucks a sq/ft?

I wish… lol

I am very glad my apartment has all hardwood floors. They may creak, and be scratched and show their age, but the floor won’t glow like some dateline hotel-room ish.

any underwear? i dont know about price of carpet down there but i am sure it has a “NYC” mark up.

Where are the pictures?

Are you renting or did you buy?

ugh, sounds like your going to be extremelly busy the next few months

Yeah, i’m going to look at paint today… and carpet.

drive to home depot.

spend 1000

drive to walmart

spend 20 on mountain due

start cleaning the place up

:tspry:

i did 1050 sqft about 6 months ago and it ran me $1400 for the cheep stuff

you will get this type of move in anywhere its shitty i know how u feal

and lets see some pic guy

Sounds pretty minor. Throw out her left over shit, buy a swiffer and spend 30 minutes dusting, and get the carpet replaced.

Didn’t you notice the carpet when you first looked at the place? Use it to get some money off the purchase price?

Maybe see if the carpet guy can get the sand out of your vagina. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, congrats on getting a place. Pics?

EDIT:
You said tenants? Were you renting the place out to her? I’m confused.

If the rooms aren’t very big you can get away with not stretching the carpets and save a bundle by laying them down yourself.

Mountain Dew

Sorry, that one really got to me for some reason lol

OT: The other junk you can just throw out, no biggie. That sux about the carpet, though. You’re going to have all the floorcovering replaced, or are you going to try a cleaning service?

or even get the 10x15 wallmart indoor/outdoor carpets for like 20 bucks and call it a day

Rent a carpet cleaner and go to town?

I seem to remember a place you lived here in Buffalo with several others. I still can’t get the kitchen out of my mind!

That place you are describing sounds real nice by comparison.

lol

I would just rent a carpet cleaner. They can’t be that bad, can they? I mean, why spend money on new carpets if you’re renting. Or did you buy?

You should have seen my apartment when I moved in. Holy shit. Took us like, 2 weeks to clean everything just to make it livable. Terrible.

Take pics!

I bought, the old owner was renting to a tenant…

This is my place, I actually think that I can’t deal with the carpet in there - there were 4 kids and I can’t imagine what the hell they did to the place.

Yeah, if it’s your place just rip it out.

Save yourself some hassle and paint before you put down the new carpet.

Don’t skimp on the carpet quality. Cheap carpet stains if you get dirt near it, whereas good carpet cleans right up very easily, doesn’t get beat looking after a year from the fibers crushing, etc. Wait till you’ve got the cash for good stuff if you have to.

And if you don’t paint, atleast wash ALL of the walls with some lysol or something.

hahaha

and i can’t believe they left food in the fridge, that’s classy.

I didn’t realize you were JUST getting in lol, we can def bypass this weekend or we can snag a hotel room. I know when I was first moving into our house there was more than enough shit going on