Honda Brakes, Yet another mystery issue.. wtf

The GFs Car: 98 Honda Civic DX, Automatic Coupe

The Issue: She bought the car last summer from a dealer and i had him put new brakes on it after test driving it. So he did rotors and pads up front. It was perfect for about a week then it started squeeking/grinding noise a little bit. Six months later it go so bad that last fall i put new rotors/pads up front along w. all the proper grease/fluid etc. Napa Premium Parts too. Not even a month later it started squeeking/grinding. What it does is when she starts to hit the brakes it squeels so bad but once the brake is applied hard it goes away. So i took the pads off, they looked glazed over so i sanded them down a little to scuff them up and it worked for about a week. Now ive done a million brake jobs and ive never had wierd issues like this. I was thinking maybe just get a higher end pad? Im about to get her a big brake kit and call it a day! So i thought maybe theres better brakes that you honda guys know of i could put on this thing. Im probally going to pick up new calipers as well. Heres what she told me: The first day we did the brakes the pedal was tight yet now its not as “tight” as it was when we first did them:

What else could this be? I sound like such a noob but trust me im not. Just stumped on what else this could be. I could take the VW approach to things and throw parts at it, but its not mine so its different…baha

cheap shit sucks. buy OEM parts, replace as necessary, lube caliper pins/slides, flush out old brake fluid and re-bleed. the end.

:+1

I would check the part numbers or make sure that the old pads are identical to the new ones. Parts places are not perfect.

thats what i figured, especially since i had a 98 civic and did brakes on it w.o any issues. Im going to just pick her up all new parts yet again, this time maybe some aftermarket stuff (maybe brembo blanks. Loved them on my car)… On my car i always use OEM/OEM+ but i figured a honda civic doesnt need classy parts, even picked up Napa Premium stuff. Well thanks, just figured id make sure it was crap parts like i thought. Just thought it was kind of wierd to happen 2x in a row.

Napa stuff sucks dick. especially brake parts.