Need some help with my new brakes

I’ve got new slotted/drilled rotors, carbon ceramic AMS pads and SS lines on the front of the Z. Haven’t had a chance to do the rear yet. Its weird but I get a LOUD squealing when lightly braking at low speeds. Braking at higher speeds isn’t anywhere near as loud and hard braking makes no squealing noise. We had to remove the shims from the driver side front caliper because there wasn’t enough clearance and the brakes were dragging. Any ideas as to what could be going on with my brakes?

no shims = squeals …if ya can get some high heat silicine or brake squeal paste ande apply to the back of the pad it should go away .you should of had clearance for the shims as long as the caliper was pushed back all the way

Well thats the thing, we had the shims in place the first time and it was even louder then. We retracted the pistons too before putting the pads in but the caliper still didn’t go on easy.

i have a loud squeel on light breaking AND ITS GETTING ME MAD.

brakes are 5k mi old.

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not but thats pretty much whats going on except my brakes have under 150 miles on them.

My brakes shoot sparks when braking from high speeds and they SUCK

sparks are from the pad bein a semi metalic

Squealing is caused by brake chatter. The pad is actually vibrating at high frequency when minimal pressure is applied and the full face of the pad isn’t pressed into the disk. Put the shim plates back in, use some sort of anti squeal agent(I use Permatex spray on Disk Quiet) Use liberally on the back of the pad and both side of the shim plate.

the harder the pad compound, the more prone they are to chatter. Ceramics = hard…

If you have multi pot pistons with hollow piston faces you might be able to use the Porsche Brembo pad dampers(don’t use with OEM shims though). Buy from pelican parts. There’s a host of sizes so measure what you need before buying…

middle of page…

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopcart/911L/POR_911L_BRKpad_pg4.htm#item10

Boxersix you’re always coming through with great info, thank you

The calipers are hollow faced 4 piston, but a major concern I have is clearance. We had to use more force than I would have liked to get the caliper onto the rotor. I’m not sure the caliper would even fit with the pad dampers in place. I did some more reading online and is there any chance it could be the pad retainer springs?

Fucking caliper is dragging badly…FML I need a new one

wow he is the man for sayin exactly what i said just in diff words :wtf .next time ask him in a p/m fuck the rest of us

What year is your Z? They came with two different sized front brake rotors/calipers, 26mm and 30mm (I think) thick rotors. I have slight squealing at low speeds because I don’t have shims in the pads and didn’t apply anything to the backs of them. I’m running the 26mm Z32 front brakes from a 1990.

Its a 92, so its got the larger 30mm. Its not a light squealing though, its loud as shit. I cleaned up the brakes today, put the shims back in and tried the silicone stuff and still nothing.

I’m not sure why you took that so personally, I didn’t PM him because I don’t know him.

Either way, thank you for your reply earlier I appreciate the input.

i see that