squeky brakes

Ok heres the deal. I changed my breaks on my 97 chevy Malibu. (roters and pads) Now after about a week of driveing, i find that when i am lighly pressing the brake and going less then 10mph i here a squealing sound coming from the brakes. Should i simply get Brake quiet, or is there something else wrong. Thanks

Joe’s friend Bryan

cheap pads usually squeak and no amount of brake quiet works, usually. I have used the brake quiet before but it only worked for a little bit.

I just got used to the squeaking and the next time I bought pads I got the good ones instead of the $17 pads.

the pads i got were the middle of the road one, andvance’s price for the pads was 42$ the roters were 20$ each.

did you clean the rotors off with brake kleen after you opened them>

no, that i did not do, just use brake cleaner? First time i ever changed pads and roters, usualy i have only chaned the pads, but my roters were bad this time. Thanks for the help sofar

:slap:

i always use brake kleen or carb cleaner and clean off the rotors before i put them on. and mine never squeak

:slap:

my wifes brakes do the same thing…
only squeak with a light press, once you apply decent amount of pressure they are quiet.
brake kleen stops it for a few days but it comes back.

the pads we got were ceramics from advanced…they were like $40.

i think its just a combo of the pad, stock rotor(in her case) & brake dust.

like 77 said i don’t think brake quiet will do much except mask it for a little bit, cause we put brake quiet on them when we installed it & it was fine…must have worn away & now there is a little sqeak.

OK i will try that, thanks for the info.

Joe’s Friend Bryan

My dad uses commercial duty metallic pads on my g-bodys, they all squeak at low speed braking.

My Performance Friction Z pads squeak also.

Same thing happens to me. I replaced the rotors and pads, got the middle priced brand. Used brake cleen and it still squeaks every now and then. But the only problem I have is creaking noises when I come to a stop. Kinda like the noise you hear from a house, those ghostly creaks.

86% of the time, a really good Disc Brake Quiet compound will do the trick when applied properly per the instructions. I like the CRC stuff.

http://ken-co.com/crc/disc-brake-quiet.jpg

Synthetic caliper lube (in teh same looking rig as anti-sneeze) works pretty good too.

you know about deglazing the rotors also right ???

i have brembo rotors and and pbr pads and mine still squeek on light breakin

my $100 carbotech pads sqeak under light pressure, go figure.

fuck it, turn up the radio.

push pedal harder = cured