Honda guys, F22? why not?

im not building a honda, i was just curious.

plus im only at 18-20psi on my stock motor, goofball. :slight_smile:

but if i did, even though its not popular, id probably use a F22 for the displacement alone. i just cant bring myself to build a 1.6 or 1.8L motor when i can have the lazy fat gigantic torque curve of a much larger 4 banger with a turbo. its super nice on the street and stuff. once moving, i barely have to shift in my car. hills? 5th please. :slight_smile: i can hit 20psi at 2500 rpms in higher gears if i want.

Brian

whats that, regular cyl liner (not nikasil crap?) H23 block with a H22 head?

that would be a nice combo.

well neither is my cars motor and it started out running 19’s stock and runs 13 flat now lol.

Brian

if you build an h/f22 the transmissions are longer soo its really for more of a straight line car then and not as much support ie: cheaper parts. it will add up when you start to build it. also its not as “cool” as a b or d series.

a taller trans? thats good for turbo and torque.

Brian

Well played, sir :slight_smile:

+1 to the parabolic torque curves.

http://www.syntectopshopchallenge.com/superstreet-engine-articles/index.html

first off the f22 flows better than a b16a head. Bisimoto proved that. You can make decent power with boost not to mention junkyards are full of accords. There is a dude in michigan making 400ish with a stock internal f22 mounted to a d series tranny in an Ef.

Its just the pain of making it all work, not to mention the h2d (h2b ect) plate is like 1000 bucks

it is cheap also to boost a f22.Dsm turbo manifolds fit them.i had a turbo f22 on 5psi it will easily pull on my civic on 10psi.Also if you are using f22 go with the f22a6 it is out of the ex all together the better f22a engine