questions about Honda B series, K series, etc.

If you were going to build a Honda motor, which series would you use and what parts would you use in that series?

NA or boost?

h22 hands down

what ever you do never build an h22 hands down

k series is more expensive then a b but responds better to everything all motor or boost.

b series are sig cheaper and the resourses are eaisier to come by

:rofl: :rofl: …so true.

it depends on the budget. i’d still stick with the B series until the K motors and their parts drop in price a little more. i dont know what kind of money you’re throwing around though.

and i’d stick with boost because the money invested VS. power output just isnt there NA the way it would be with big motor domestic projects.

LS1:D

Transverse mount LSx? I don’t think it’d fit! :smiley:

Let’s assume boost for the sake of discussion.

For boost go with the basic set-up that FMF, Redline, ITR41, Vapor Trail and probably a few other on here are running. Sleeved B-series bored to 2.0 ish, VTEC head, pick you B series tranny along with tire size (most likely LS or GSR with at least 24" tires, and LSD) and boost it with any one of a variety of turbos depending on power delivery expectations and hp goals.

K-series looks to be able to make more power at similar boost levels as B-series but this comes at a higher cost and the B-series is easily capable of making plenty more than enough power to make traction far and away the biggest limiting factor in speed.

you could save yourself a TON of time and headaches…

http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30081

lets play a game… its called eat my ass. you start.

Reason’s K’s arnt worth it; morgage the house to pay for the initial swap, once you get it in there, anything you do will take you years to tune correctly.

Take all the money you spend to put a K in an EG (for example) 7-8000 and I’ll take that same money, build an H and always go faster.

a B is a motor that only wishes it could function as good as an H. The ONLY reason more people build B’s is b/c its bandwagon. way too many people worship them b/c its easy to and nothing else.

Simple: it seems like “B is for boost”, and that’s good enough for me.

I actually want to try building one up (with some help) to learn some stuff.

Thanks guys!

put a 60-1 on a b stock and put a 60-1 on an h stock, h will always make more power.

Found some good info here: it goes through a brief discussion of swaps for EG’s…

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/878010

boosted D16’s are passing the 400hp mark nowadays… another fun option.

A stock H can make more then a Stock B i will agree

once you max a turbo though it will be at same power level no matter size of motor!
my turbo is limited @ 520 no matter what motors its on, b series is proven time and time again for the right reasons one of the main reasons is the tranny!
but when u can make 900+hp on a sleeved b with 300 dollar eagle rods 10,000rpm something is working good there

there is not to many H’s revving that high

ignorance is bliss. my K swap cost nowhere near what you previously stated. agreed i only have a K24A4 in there now, but i also have another long block and type-S head to build with. i had ips cams too. add those to the pot and i’m still a few g’s under what you said. the swap can be done at a lower cost if you know where to look.:slight_smile:
the B series is “bandwagon” because it’s a proven powerplant. kinda like a sbc now-a-days. the formula is proven.
the B series is definately a more efficient motor then an H.
i think your sore because the double dooky isn’t the big block anymore. just let it go :kekegay:

“If you were going to build a Honda motor, which series would you use and what parts would you use in that series?”

^^^If this is the question^^^ and the results depends on the owners budget, style, and what they are using the motor for.

I know H22’s aren’t MUCH heavier than B-Series …but they are. I would go for a B-series for instance if doing autoX w/ a hatch. Each series of motor matches each persons budget as well. I would thing from Cheapest to most expensive would go…
D
B / F
H
K

I am shortly going to have 2 boosted hondas. 1 D Series, 1 F series. Both are engines I can afford; to both purchase, build, and have decent potential. If I had unlimited funds, I would of would have gone K Swaps in both. I could have never afforded to build either though if I went that route…atleast not on my current budget.

GE sleeved 2L B good for 70psi boost 1200 hp what now

just the axle placement and beat ass tranny of the h makes me wary of it in anything other than an accord. axles are on a bind in a 6th gen, and the cable shift tranny sucks.

b series is proven. trannys have their gremlins, but what fwd 4 banger tranny dont?

k series is where it is at imo. cost more now, and more work. but a nice all motor setup that will run 11’s w/ bolt ons and ecu w/ oem reliability–whats not to like?

figuring the cost of a k24block/type s head w/ the civic si 5 spd/axles/ecu to be around 3300 all said and done. still working out some small parts which will nickle and dime. but for 4k i can be into the bulk of the swap.