Honda guys, F22? why not?

Hey guys,

why dont that many people build the F22 series of honda engines over the b series or the d series?

i know why the H22 is a hassle with the nikasil liners but the F series has iron liners and its huge compared to the other stuff.

just curious.

Brian

Do you think you’ll be able to squeeze another tenth of a second off of your quarter mile time boosting the F22 to 30 psi, instead of your stock motor? :mamoru:

Damn, as per tech. talk rules I have to say something on topic…

F22 rods are hard to come by for some reason. www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?cmd=print&id=2239906

I guess b/d motors are just so common, and commonly built nowadays, that companies concentrated on those engines and left the others in the shadows.

they cost more, less common, and s2000s are a lot nicer than some shitty civic/integra

SOHC, non vtec, not as easy to swap into a civic as b/d series, not worth shit out of the box, ie. slow as fuck ect. although im pretty sure my accord is quicker than beasts 99 civic ex d16 with I/H/E

there are a few guys on cb7tuner.com that are running like 20 something psi on a stock block without any issues. one kid claimed to have overheated the car over 10x without warping the head/ blowing the hg

theyre stout as fuck, trust me. around 220k and still going strong…

just build a h22/23 monster

exactly, if i was going to throw money at pistons, rods ect on a honda block it would NOT be an f22 lol

not that f22 you asshole.

ya i think he means the f22 sohc found in early 90’s accords

that was the F22 i was thinking of

why would someone be confused as of why every honda guy doesnt turn there civic into a rwd platform?

Because it’ll cost more than $50?

thats kinda what i was going for…

F22 did come in SOHC vtec. You can get 300whp from it and they are fairly cheap. Most people prefer to start off with an H22 and turbo that.

or a LS

Oh.

Well, it’s still funny :mamoru:

jdm no usdm right?

the 94-97 accord ex came with vtec. Same with 98 on.

The fastest sohc for a while was a all motor f22 not sure if it still is but shit moved out.

back in the day when I had my h22 accord, I ran another “stock” accord on a 50 shot and I still pulled him pretty good. I think the tq and higher redline/gearing are a good reason people opt for the h22a.

there are some fast h23a(non vtec) cars out there too.

just swap an ls1