honda guys need some help

so i have a clean 95 hatch as a DD its a DX auto tranny is shitting the bed and looking to swap it over to stick one of these weekends to pump up the FE. got a couple questions

1. will the auto ecu still work when i swap to stick or do i need to change it? if it just throws a code or somthing thats fine since it wouldnt effect inspection.

2. I can get my hands on a VX trans and ive seen the MPG’s outa the vx being great but how would it effect me being linked up to the DX engine. would i get beter gas milage out of a dx/lx trans or would the vx/cx get me better mpg???

let me know your imput THANKS!

i believe an hx tranny will give you the best mpg’s.when doin a auto to man swap you need to do something with the parking brake sensor so the car doesnt think your in automatic park.

i guess you’re a little bit right, but mostly wrong. the car needs to thing you’re ALWAYS in auto-park, or it wont start. there are two big wires in the auto shifter harness that you need to connect to achieve this, and there are tons of write ups online that show you which ones they are.

an auto ecu will throw a CEL for ‘reverse lockout solenoid’ but will run fine otherwise.

use a DX/LX trans. the cx/vx is just geared so long it will feel like you’re raping your motor trying to get up to speed. pm me if you want to buy a cheap DX trans.

pmed u

Once you get the swap completed. If you want that pesky check engine light fixed. Come see me at Swerve Motorsports and I can convert your ECU to a 5-speed.

what do you charge for this?

I’ll do it for $10.