Honda Guys! Need Help Gas Saver Swap [CX/VX Swap]

If i have a Honda Civic 92 DX Hatch what is different between the harnesses and everything if i were to Swap a CX/VX Motor in there, would it be a direct interchanging of the motor nothing else? the motor in the current DX is shot so i just want to swap it out what would i need to get this car driveable? What are your opinions and thoughts?
Thanks

There is absolutely no point whatsoever to do this.

None.

So no go? Just rebuild the dx motor?

B18B
easiest swap u can do to that car other than another dx motor
rebuilding that motor is a waste of time

wrd an ls motor would be a good cheap option

i want a good gas mileage car lol. is a VX swap relatively easy?

you would see a difference in gas milage going to the 8valve d15, i used to get like 40mpg in mine on the highway, maybe even more, nothing would be different tho i dont think, no reason to swap in a b18b if its a beater, thats just more gas

what’s wrong with the dx? i just got 38mpg in mine last tank driving conservatively.

with the ls motor you would still get over 30mpg, and you would have a low 15/high 14 sec car.

im looking for 42mpg+ the cx is 45mpg city. vx is like 50mpg

i drive a cx daily and i get like 38-40 on average with a good mix of city and highway driving. and the 16 valve shouldn’t be that much less, if anything just swap the computer from a cx, thats going to be the biggest difference. and if your dx doesn’t get close to 40mpg, then somethings seriously wrong with it, just swap in another block (which is cake) and keep the wiring and everything the same. then find a cx compter (which you should be able to get for next to nothing) and plug it right in, the wiring is the same.

^^^ that was wat kind of answer i was looking for. oh you might know this. if i were to go from a CX to a VX motor how hard is that? i know the vtec soleniod would need to be wired in…what else im thinking the ecu swap too from cx to vx right? and that should be it right?

the vx motor is the best gas mileage in the 92-95, but the vx hatch was lighter

Yea the vx was only like 100lb lighter. But layzie ill be asking you a lot of questions once I get this car

if you need a d15b we just pulled one out of scanz89’s 91 hatch, it needs a wiring harness but it rune perfectly. i bet he would take $150 for the engine and computer

hey focus d15b8? what kind of car did it come out of? if its a d15b8 i;ll take it.

i bet its a d15b2 cause of the car it bame from

^ yea i think its a b2, ill check tonight

ive got most of a d15b8 sitting in my garage.

ide take 10 bucks for it

Sold, YGPM :cool: