Motor Question On my Honda

I’ve got a 93 honda civic cx…8 valve… I bought a 16 valve d series motor out of a 94…I’ve been told mostly everything will plug in? Anybody got a clue to if thats true or if i need to switch a few things? Any help would be great to save me from a headache later

I would change your intake manifold and computer as well. I would also suggest a different transmission because it has super long gears.

Just my daily driver dont really care about gears…I was told it would run better with the computer out of the 94 but it was no longer in the car…The intake on the new motor is alot bigger than the tiny 1inch my cx has lol

As far as I know (which might not be far) if you aren’t going to a VTEC motor it should really be plug and play, the only other hitch in a D-series swap I can think of would be OBD and 93-94 are both OBD-I so there’s nothing to change. The ECU probably isn’t optimal but I can’t see any reason it wouldn’t run (whether you will really notice performance gains without a tune is another matter).

You’ll be much better off using the ECU from whatever 16V non-vtec motor you find, otherwise it is plug and play. I doubt you’d even have to lengthen any of the harness either.

oh, the wiring harness for the o2 sensor will be 1 wire instead of the regular 4 wire.

its plug in all exept for the o2 but you can just use your old computer and your old o2 sensor an then it is all just plug in, but if u change ecu’s then you have to change o2 sensors and wires

i have an ecu for that motor if needed. just throwin it out there

Why waste money and time on a D series? Do an LS swap, they are relatively cheap.