Honda Guys - p0420 CEL code?

so my CEL went on the other day. nothing wrong mechanically at all, still drives perfect. car in question is a 98 civic lx

code reads that my cat isnt working properly, and the values between the 2 o2 sensors are below threshold (this is the 1st obd2 car i have ever owned, for this reason mainly)

so, i dont really want to spend $200 - $500 on replacing the cat. anyone have any success cleaning it? anyone have any suggestions?

96+ cars can suck it

Chip the ECU and punch out the cat. I’m not sure is Andy 99civic_si still burns chips or not.

Cleaning the cat isn’t going to do shit unless somehow cleaning the cat means rebuilding it internally. O2 sensor spacer is your friend Jam. They are cheap as hell and I’ve been running one on my slam pieces Jetta for almost a year with no problems.

Unpossible. Honduh’s never break.

Go to advanced, buy spark plug foulers, $6 gets you 2 or em

I have great luck with 034’s spacers, work with Bosch sensors as well.

Hahahahahha p-rick

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

I’m glad you devoted an entire thread to putting lowering springs on your car. Pretty siiqq

they sell these at advance auto maing. And you get 2 for $6.

So it kind of just gaps the rear o2 sensor to read less, making the car think that the cat is actually still working efficently?

Bosch sensors don’t fit in the help section bullshit spacers, they fit in the ones from 034 like a glove.

Yeah, but you have to double stack them and drill out the bottom of the top one before you thread it into the bottom one. For an $18 cat fix, I’ll go this route all day long. Plus, 034 is the BEST company on the planet:tdown:

Thats how I understand it

I’ve drilled them out and have had luck with just one spacer

Sweet! Thanks guys!