Honda guys

Call king of SOHC turbo wags up. hes your man!

i have some dsm 450 injectors for you, spend money now so you don’t have to spend it later. i was initially going to use my dd for my turbo car but decided it was worth it to buy a shell. i also went all out and built my car to handle 650whp when my goal is 400whp. it’s all about piece of mind and whether or not you want to be taking the motor apart and rebuilding it or if you want to never have to open it again. it’s much cheaper to piece together a kit than to buy a pos kit with parts you will discard

i want to never have to open it again lol i just want something thats gonna be a fast, reliable little 4dr that no ones going to expect it to be turboed lol

and just when i thought there couldnt be another how to turbo my d series with ssac stuff this pops up

this topic is beaten worse than joes eleventeenth ls motor.

:down:

im sorry guys im a noob or a :tool: as some of yins guys would say i just remember a while ago some one saying something about SSautochrome and ended up finding their web site

buy a blown d16, get someone on here to help you rip it apart and put in forged rods and pistons, you’re going to also need at least a 2.5" exhaust, 450 cc injectors, and a 255 walbro fuel pump. phearable.net has the cheapest price on the fuel pump. then you should be able to do at least 300 without a problem which is about the limit on the injectors.

i really appreciate all your help

well there are far too many people on here just saying “you’re an idiot” or “do your own research”. i wouldn’t know anything today if it weren’t for some of the helpful people on here. pm me if you need anything

i wasnt trying to be a dick but doing your own research before asking a question that is easily searchable on honda-tech or any other site gets old. not to mention its been covered hundreds of times especially the ssac debate. if you take some time and read you can take all the info and decide what you feel is best. there is a million ways to turbo your car and even more parts and kits out there than you can shake a stick at. being cheap about it only works for so long. if your not concerned with how long things will last get the ssac kit hit fmfkid up and have him tune it. if the turbo doesnt blow up on the way there or on the dyno your lucking out :blue:

but since i was being harsh on you i would suggest this type of setup judging by what you want to achieve/spend:

if your motor is in good shape (good compression ect) leave it stock.

get a decent clutch. lighting motorsports has good deals. i got my 6 puck from them for cheap and it held 250+hp fine

440 injectors or something similar. for the money id just get a set of rc550’s that way if you upgrade down the road you dont need to buy another set.

get the ssac kit and swap the turbo and manifold out for a cast log and a garrett t3 turbo thats in good shape. their wastegates are prone to failure and thats the most essential part of a turbo kit so if you invest in a tial 38mm or something that would be a good precaution.

id do a 3in d/p just because 2.5 in is gonna be restrictive if you decide to build the motor or make more power. most of the kits come with a 3in d/p anyways

crome pro is good for you tuning and like i said joe can help you out there. hes got a dyno and knows his ****.

walbro fuel pumps are about 100$ bucks. right now there is even a sponsor on h-t giving free shipping for them. thats where i got mine at and i think i might have paid even less than that

make sure your kit comes with a bar and plate intercooler. tube and fin generally sucks. its just one less thing to have to upgrade down the road.

just misc. stuff like the couplers and stuff dont skimp out. the cheapo ones with the hose clamps blow off more often than the better ones. you can ask jeff from 1st try about that i know i had some ****ty ones i had to use for a little while because i needed a reducer for the inlets and outlets on my setup and he was right i blew it like 2 times before i got new ones which was only a few weeks. sucks having to try to attach piping on the side of the road.

just make sure your not throwing hacked **** together because its way more work to keep it going than just getting better stuff for a few more dollars. im not saying go out and buy a fullrace kit but with some reading and searching you can find out pretty much anything you want to know.

Well frank i appreciate your help but i did what you said did my own research and dyingwish and yamaha helped me out.

So i baught a td05 14b dsm turbo custom mani 2.5inch charge piping spearco front mount and 3in D/P greddy type rs bov Rc390cc injectors with resistor box and i baught Dyingwish 255 fuel pump and me yamaha and dyingwish are going to tune it on joe’s dyno

sweet dyingwish is a good guy and full of knowledge joe having that dyno is really helping people out

good choice on Joe, i’ll be taking the coupe up after winter for a fresh tune as well

ya i figure hes a local guy rather see the money in his pocket and keep his rollers spinning. ill be making a thread in members projects as soon as this gets under way let every one see how my very first project is going