Honda have officially lost their f*in mind

///\ god damn street racersssssssss

edit
0-60mph times and quarter mile

2000 Honda S2000 5.5 14.2
2003 Nissan 350z 5.4 14.1

not that much difference but then again that doesnt really mean anything after a certain speed the s2k should start to fall behind

Nonsense, this happened on a privately owned airstrip that we both happened to be randomly driving on. Street racing doesn’t exist :wink:

well something that the honda guys should really do is give the s2000 a stronger rear axle so you won’t have to spin your tires on every launch. then the acceleration times on the s2000 will be slightly better. but still imo almost all hondas aren’t worth their sticker prices.

BTW I think if you want to compare compare the s2k to the 350z vert.
350z vert $56500
But i still think the honda is overpriced

if you don’t care, but i didn’t even know it was that expensive, thats retarded.

however, RDX motor :wink:
09 tsx-s will have rdx motor and sh-awd so it’ll be turbo’d
but not sure if it’ll be 6spd though.

That’s kinda fair and kinda unfair at the same time. S2000 doesn’t come in coupe form, so comparing base with base makes sense to me. That and I wouldn’t drive a 350Z roadster even if I got it for free. I’d sell it and get the hardtop. I don’t hate all convertibles, the S2000 is actually a pretty nice vert, but the 350Z roadster is freakin fowl. They put no thought into chopping the roof off and just kinda did it.

+1 on the 350 vert looking ugly. i must admit it looks like they took some grade schooler gave him a picture of a coupe and told him to turn it into a convertible. or they said hey instead of wasting more money into designing the vert lets just straight up make it who cares what it looks like. lets just chop that top off and call it a day.

I think all the prices listed suit the vehicles more than appropriately.

wow, so I wasn’t off at all…
35k would be a more realistic price for sure. S2k isn’t worth 50k+

This thread is like the first season of Degrassi Junior High, a bunch of amature people who have no idea what they are talking about.

REACT.

Everyone that disagrees with me, I invite you to go pay $50,600 for an S2000. I’m sure every single one of you will start to tell me how much of a better deal something else is, thus proving my point completely. No sane, reasonable person would pay that money, for that car.

ahhh…but that’s the key word; sane.

in fact…i think if every car enthusiast was sane…there would be no tuning community…we’d all be driving some 4 door econo boxes and saving all of our money in long term investments, and building wealth. Instead we spend thousands upon thousands of dollars for a chance to go fast around a corner. Or…side ways…

or in my case, backwards…

to each their own i say. If these certain people love s2k’s like we love our rides…and has spare cash laying around, why not? As long as their happy with what they have, no one can tell them otherwise.

but doesn’t mean we have to stop making fun of them either though… lol

there is a guy on NYspeed selling a lightly modded, but relatively high mileage 2000 S2000 for under $11k…just under 200,000 km’s… but it is a honda.

http://a808.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/105/l_2f0accd0351073860ef96c3ba9ea72ff.jpg

that sounds about right to me…

$50k… bah… i’d go buy a Lotus Elise out of the US and put the other $20k in the bank

^That’s pimp as fork and a total steal for 11k. I hate the US for being so much better than us :frowning:

Unfortuniatly the downfall of your arguement is that your observations and realization of the fact is 8 years too late.

Yeah Solarian’s not saying the S2000 is a junk car by any means obviously, just that it’s current base price is not warranted.

And wow, I just have NO IDEA where to start on the US/Canada base price…I understand there might be a little bit of “play” from the exact US/Canada dollar difference (which is virtually identical right now $1 US = $0.99 Can), and that there might be mild option differences, and also that other “factors” might play a role, but $15,000!!! Try it yourself - go to Honda.com and Honda.ca!

The thought of picking up an S2000 myself had even crossed my mind at one point because older ones are attainable at $20-25,000 on Auto Trader.

Honda better get right on that, or they’ll have consumers losing faith. People aren’t blind to what’s going on anymore.

OMG SICK

most manufacturers in NA usually have separate divisions for canadian and US sales. they negotiate msrp’s independently relative to their own respective market. canada = unfavourable weather conditions = less s2k sales as opposed to some areas in the states, which contribute to their overall higher sale rates. most cars are like that just because the US just has that many more people. think of this in terms of buying parts new from a shop, or getting a group buy going…same deal.

regardless, like bing said, you’re much better off going with a used low mileage.

whether you hate honda or not, this s2k looks sick…

neeeds better wheels tho, and bings is totally right a used elise would kick the snot out of one, or just buy a used s2k and have fun with the extra 10’s of thousands of dollars u have. maybe you could actually make it fast.