Honda have officially lost their f*in mind

I read a good review about the new Civic Si sedan, so I went to Honda’s site to check it out. I accidentally moused over the S2000 and I saw “Starting at $50,600”
Are they fucked in the head? A 350Z is less money than that. I think the S2K is a great car, but that’s just retarded. If anyone buys one new, and pays MSRP for them, I’ll personally drive to their house and slap the shit out of them.
To make matters even worse, Nissan are retarded as well, because the new G37 starts at $47,350, and the G37 M6 is the same price as the 350Z, at $49,950.
Conclusion: People are fucked.

i agree with you with the s2000…
the 50K + price tag is just completely retarded…

i mean…great car and all but…geez…not worth it for the price imo.

the g37 i can sorta understand because they really really really wanted to compete with the bmw 3 series…
and the price tag on it really just closes the deal,

besides, i’m pretty sure nissan is trying really hard to compete with toyota,
so i believe its all competitive pricing in their case…

honda…i just can’t really figure out though…

haha, wow… it better have an SR in it or something for that price.

Do you realize the engineering put into the s2000 Antonio. Read about the drive train on that car, for what you get the price tag is decent.

Andrew.

The thing better suck my cock when I drive it for $50K. I’ll buy a 1-series and dump $10K into it before I’ll buy a Honda product for $50K…

What is so bad about the G37?

It handles better than a G35 and has more power

Nothing, the G37 is a great car, we’re bitching about the S2K.

Andrew - I feel the same way about the S2k as I do about my $225 Aircraft Performance textbook. I’m sure brilliant minds put lots of their time into making that book, but the fact remains, it’s less than a third the size of my calc book, and is made of really cheap paper, while costing double. FUCK. THAT.
I want to see justification in materials and performance for the money I pay. Just because someone worked really hard on something, doesn’t justify the cost. The 350Z has an all aluminum body, composite driveshaft, way more power, and better power to weight. Despite everyone dissing it for being a pig, really, it’s the S2000 that is a pig, because it is nowhere near light enough to justify it’s utter torqueless-ness.
S2000 - 2855lb
350Z - 3187lb
332lb difference. Not small by any means, but neither is their power difference, and the 350Z can run much bigger tires.

oooh…dem fighting words for the honda lovers out there

my only comment on this is that…while playing gt4 on ps2
the 350z is so much faster than the s2000
i can’t fanthom how the s2000 can ever hope to keep up with the Z

in the world of gt4 that is…lol
and i’m a brilliant driver…in that game
haha

That was a nice educated response…

Andrew.

Allow me to be more verbose then.

I don’t feel the S2K is worth $50K, it doesn’t seem justifiable in my eyes.

For the same price, I can get a BMW 1-series, which is way cooler, and performs in a similar realm, and dump another $10,000 into it in performance products. Thus having a superior driving machine, for the same price.

Honda, with the exception of the NSX does/has not produced a vehicle in their performance lineup that justifies a $50K pricetag, in my eyes.

Better?

the s2000 feels way under powered

if it had the TL type s motor with a 6 spd tranny. it would be a dream

s2k costs about 15k more than it should… besides, if anyone is over 182cm (~6feet), they’ll have trouble sitting in the car comfortably. I can’t even sit in that car for more than 5 min because it’s damn uncomfortable… so basically I couldn’t even drive the car.

the fact that you can buy a lightly used 3-4 year old S2000 for under $20,000 should totally negate the notion of even considering buying one new.

Paying 56K , and your still driving a honda? The S2k is hondas only car that i would rive , besides the Nsx… but 56k thats alot

when r they going to take the RDX motor and put it into a sport compact!
that would be interesting

You know what even more retarded than that? In the states the S2000 starts at $34 300 USD, that’s $34 400 in Canadian funds. The extra $15 600 must be for day time running lights.

yea the rdx motor is pretty crazy

2.3L turbo

wih like 280 foot pounds or tourqe

The problem with the s2000 is the fact that you have to zoom in to find the torque curve. Its got lots of pull, but only if you rev the shit out of them. I have played with a lot of s2000’s at the track and I havent been impressed.

i know this doesn’t justify the high price of the s2k but when driving an s2k you can have so much more fun that a 350 or g37 can’t get you but then again with a price tag like that i think they could have done much better. for 50k the s2k will give you a driving experience like no other IMO thats for new cars though none of this buy a 240 and spend 48k modding it.

^Untrue. For 50k the S2K will give you a slow ass car that handles really well. Drive a 350Z though, and then tell me that it handles poorly. There isn’t enough of a difference in handling between the two cars to say that the S2000 is substantially better. The character of it is very different, but a 350Z is a great handling car as well, and fuck will it ever kill an S2000 in the straights. I ran into an S2000 in the G once, it wasn’t even close. My better power curve gave me one hell of an edge at the start, and the extra 60hp up top made sure I kept pulling and pulling. Add in the fact that the G’s cabin is a much more pleasant place to be and the S2000’s price point starts to make less and less sense.