honda knowledge....

So Rethinking turboing my crapy d15b2 Because it feels like its on its last limb etc and its piss slow. Would be better off buying d16z6 and boosting it or buying a b18a or b18b

Maybe somebody could give me best motor for boost without spending 3gs on just a motor

B18a or b would prob be your best bet for making good power, but you will need motor trans axles what not. If you got a d16 motor you can reuse your trans and everything else. Just something to think about.

I think im going to stay sohc and build a motor for boost or have it built Which sohc would you recommend for an ef also is there anybody local that builds honda motors

sohc turbos are decently quick and fun, and very in expensive. 99civic-ex on here had a black del sol with a bone ass stock d16y8 with a shitty ebay special tubo kit, and a blown headgasket, and on 12 pounds made awesome power for what it was. It impressed everyone who ran it or drove it.

I was in the car on numerous runs with people but one that really impressed me was when it pulled a professionally built and tuned turbo rx8 running 8lbs on a greddy kit, the del sol pulled it from a dig by about 3-4 cars and from a roll by about 6-8 cars.

Turbo d’s are fun and in expensive, plain and simple, they are quick but not fast and are somewhat limited on max hp.

If you plan on major future potential , then id swap in a b series and get it over with.

If you plan on just having fun on something that scoots along and your content with it and would rather not spend a ton then go with the d series.

The d16y8 is pretty much the best d series to boost, that possibly the d16z6

I thought The y8 was worse due to the higher compression also is the d16z6 is the cheapest place to buy it hmotorsonline . Like you said im just lookin for a quick car around 200-250 whp nothing crazy just trying to figure out which motor would be best since this d15b2 is slow as ballz

y8 bottom end is junk, they have oiling problems

d16a6 would be your best bottom end, it has a steel crank girdle, slap a y8 or z6 head on that.

your going to want pistons and rods to build the kind of numbers you want, the stock block can handle maybe 200hp, but for how long? who knows.

LS BOOST

if you’re going to go bseries, get a b18a or b16 w/ cable tranny so u dont have to do stupid hydro>cable shit

but you’re also going to have to get mounts and shit for bseries into an EF chassis, it’s going to get expensive.

for cheapness, i would just go turbo dseries
plus u already have dseries mani etc etc right?

ya lol I just didnt know if should buy z6 or blow up d15b2s

whoops im on my roomates name

LS boost. You can go stupid fast for not much money

OK, you have a very realistic and pretty simple goal. If you are looking for that kinda power first things first…Stay d-series. Parts are super cheap and available everywhere. (And this is coming from a die-hard b-series fan :slight_smile: )

Swing by Swerve today or tomorrow and talk to me and we can figure something out for you.

whats your budget?? and whats your future hp goals?

ls is great for a daily driver

if you want close to 300whp i would go with a vitara piston fjt I beam rod built d16z6, z6 are cheap and have better oil’n systems than the y8’s

z6 swap price sheet
swap 300-400
clutch 300
piston/rod 400
bearings 100
machine work 600 (valve job, bore/hone, install bearings etc)
turbo kit 1500
tuning 450
exhaust 200-400
wiring 200
total 4350(high side) and it should last w/o worries of breaking ringlands etc

ls boost
swap 600
mounts 300
clutch 400
exhaust 400
turbo kit 1500
tuning 450
wiring 200

total 3850 300whp on pump gas but always chance of breaking stock ringlands

both will get you 300whp easy on pump gas

do the B if you want future more hp, do the D for reliability and if 300whp is enough( probably get 400whp on race gas)

where is swerve? i only have Friday off even if I wanted to do b18a I cant find one local complete

its on walden ave off the 90, then heading towards transit road on the right
andy will talk your ear off for hours :stuck_out_tongue:

lol budget whatever extra money i have every week goes to car 100$ 200

O ha where I work is one sec from it lol At pepsi

good luck finding an ls swap for 600$ aswell, expecially around here.

I cant even find one with auto for 600$

get me free Dr Pepper, and be quick about it.

lol I can get it for 25 cents for 20oz

So I did a compression Test today on the old d15b2 and came back the follow 150 155 180 195 :frowning:

Friday is cool, I’ll probably be hanging around from 11-1:30ish.