Honda powered Fiero

So… before the shitshow starts, here’s the goal: Build a mid engine car 1/2 as good as a Lotus Elise at 1/10 the cost.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24710[/ATTACH]
So I took the plunge, and bought a fiero, drove it home. The next day put about 30 miles on it before spinning a bearing, the next day rod knock and that night, threw a rod through the side of the block.

That’s right folks, I destroyed the Iron Duke.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24713[/ATTACH]

So I pulled the motor, and went to the junkyard and bought a F23 from an accord. Planning on getting ARP rod bolts and head studs along with H22 head and tranny to build an
G23. Also plan on adding boost once its all together and has proper suspension.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]24712[/ATTACH]

Sweet! This is one of my “money is no object” builds I would like to do. Subscribed.

Kudos!! Deep inside me is a small fiero lover trying to claw his way out.

g23, nice! i’ll be watching this one. good luck :tup:

:bloated:

Wondering why you went with the h series and not something like b series

I can understand not going with k series because of cost

Really should have started with a fastback not a notchback but I’ll be watching this thread to see where it goes.

My old GT doing what it was best at:
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3076/3292186675_7bd4f2b5d1.jpg

I’d like to do a project like this but I think I’d start with a 2nd gen MR2. The MR2 styling has held up better than the Fiero.

TQ, cost, liters? Just my guess.

First thing you need to do is get a good swaybar in the rear. Night and day difference when I put one on mine.

This place will be a godsend:
http://www.fierostore.com/Default.aspx

As well as this place:
http://www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin/fiero/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro

Inneresting. In for updates.

Dan

You could just skip this whole thing and buy my supercharged Elise :slight_smile:

I went with the G23 because of cost, and availability of parts. Obviously the k20/24 frankenstein would be better but I don’t want to put a $6k powertrain into a $1k car. I chose to use the Honda engine because every redneck has swapped a v6\v8 into this car which doesn’t appeal to me and my goals for this project. I plan to autocross this car often, that being said, the other weak link in this car is suspension. The rear suspension will likely be redesigned with a tubular control arm, double wishbone configuration unless I can find an entire prelude front sub frame to swap into the rear. Tonight will likely be spent adding lightness and ordering ARP rod bolts and head studs.

There’s a 93 prelude in M&M right now.

subscribed

Have you looked into the jdm f20b? Iirc Toronto jdm had complete motors at around $600. Will you be running a f/h trans?

And yes, k series things are damn pricey, but they have dropped in price in the last few years

There’s no replacement for displacement!

Honda fanboys saying there’s no replacement for displacement seems so wrong.

There is quite the difference between 2.4L and 1.5L, but It’s more of a breaking bad joke than anything.

A VR6 in one of these would almost make it acceptable. Should be decent once its boosted. :tup:

Cpl VR6 swaps have been done on PFF already. Pretty nice looking as well. OP you should post a build thread over at PFF.