Honda Prelude Racecar Build

started with a beat up prelude my friend bought has the f22a motor that has no balls but we a slowly making it transform into something respectable we used to race at dunn tire raceway park but now we travel around to Holland Lake Erie and Wyoming County Speedways. We have acquired a few sponsors Mikes Family Pizzeria,Boulevard Car Audio, On The Mark Signs, Wylie’s Collision, D&G Welding

Some More Pics

Thing came along way nice job.

thanks,
ya next is for some more pony’s

wow. looks great. Good work. What are your plans for more power?

nice build, crush those 240sx’s. I built a 1991 the chassis was awesome at holland. Motor did not last. I ran the #40 orange crx at lancaster 2 years ago and only ran once last year, and have since sold the car.

was this car in tonawanda by dalton/kettering area? if so i think i saw it…nice work :tup:

wayyy to nice for a hornet car you gonna go pro 4 next year?

ya its at my house on Kettering
we raced at Holland Saturday and wrecked it
we got spun out so now it doesn’t look so pretty
as for next year it is a possibility to make it a pro 4 after
we swap it for a vtec and upgrade the suspension
maybe a set of coil overs a bigger sway bar who knows
i’ll post pics in a bit

here are some pics

nicely done! way to take car of that honda rot haha

build an f22/h22a frankenstein

EDIT: here- http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2243050

doh, bummer!

the left rear was toed out like another 3inchs the pics were taken after we started to straighten it to load it on the trailer

oooof didnt see the crash pics. damn thats rough

ya its bad but some paint a new bumper cover new left rear suspension it will look decent

Pro 4’s is where this car should be, it will kick ass in the Hornets.

Make sure you READ, DOUBLE CHECK, and RE READ the rule book for Pro 4’s. They DONT allow Coil overs or any type of racing suspension, all your allowed to do is make the width of the car bigger, thats IT.

Tech will catch that, they know there Honda’s ALL TO WELL, My team has run Honda’s for 5 years now, you won’t get ANYTHING PAST them. There’s a limited number of things you can do, but motor swaps is NOT one of them, they will check for a vin tag and clarification that that’s the stock motor for that chassis, whether or not it was AVAILABLE dosen’t matter, it had to be STOCK for that car you are racing, believe me, been there done that.

Just be careful with what kind of mod’s your planning on doing, Tech will not think twice about bouncing anyone, and all that money put into your ponies may have been wasted.

Just some words of advice from a fellow Hornet Driver, don’t take anything the wrong way, everything I said there was meant to help you out, not piss you off, you know? :smiley:

ya well it will be all interchangeable stuff because we plan on running oswego race of champions in the pro 4 and you are allowed to do everything i mentioned

Yes at Oswego maybe, but NOT at Holland.

ya well the way racing is at holland i don’t know how many times we will be there

oh no shit…i live on kettering too haha…well once again nice work dude…looks great :tup: