RWD CIVC EG HATCH/SR20

I haven’t posted too many times on this forum so here we go.

I have a eg hatch sitting in my garage on jackstands for the past 4 years.Its a clean shell and its my first Honda civic that I have purchased in my life.Throughout the past couple years I could not figure out what kind of build I wanted to do with it.I went back and pondering the idea of a k series,b series, ect.

20 days ago I purchased a sr20 and decided to make my shitic a designated drift car.I decided to do this because I enjoy fabricating, drifting, and I have a donor 240sx to utilize the sub frames and wiring harnesses ect. to keep the cost down.This car will either be a squid or something fun to do drift sessions with,WE’ll find out.

These are the most resent pics I have of the motor mounted in the car. Much more pics are coming soon.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]23830[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23831[/ATTACH]

I like where this is going!

This is sweet

Sweet compressor.

That was my 1st thought!

:tup: for Right Wheel Drive

Hey Tj! It’s Gennaro, long time no talk. Lets do burnouts in this thing when you’re done.

looks pretty awesome so far

I approve :tup: :tup:

X…

Finally a good build!

I have gathered a couple of pics from since I started.I am going to start this build thread from the beginning even though as of right now I am preparing to mount the 240’s rear subfame to the car.

The first step I took was to dismantle the 240.I paid $300 last year for this 240 and invested $600 into so I could participate in some drift sessions with some friends.It took me 2 days to tear her apart

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23856[/ATTACH]

I purchased a s14 sr20 from a friend.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23857[/ATTACH]

I started to fit the motor and realized that I had to take a pretty big chunk out of the firewall and cut the exhaust/transmission tunnel out to get the motor where I want it. After hours with the plasma cutter and a couple of delicate kicks to the cherry picker I got the motor to sit where I want it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23858[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]23855[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]23850[/ATTACH]

Did you brace the chassis before you cut a trans tunnel? I’d be seriously worried about panel alignment when you get to the bodywork step

where did you get that nice of a 240 for a total of 900 bucks?

it was my buddy’s mom’s car. Its a rust bucket. The floors are falling out of it.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

I was a little worried about it my self but there is still enough structure holding the car together while it sits on the jack stands .If this was a show car I would be more worried about it but is going to be a gutted race car.

got cha. The project is sweet man ! good luck !

Interesting… Keep posting pics I like where this is going.

Will do MR. T

I really hope it doesnt flex on you, when I cut the floors / frame rails out of my old s30 I braced the chasis with square bar from the trans tunnel to the rockers. Grinded off and smoothed the welds after, cant even tell itwas there

Too bad that 240 was rusty. Would’ve been a good platform to work off of, given that it’s already RWD lol. Good luck on the rest, I’m curious to see how this turns out. :thumright:

I think I may have went a little over board on the transmission mounting points but over board is better than things breaking.

I took some one inch bar stock and drilled and tapedholes in the center of each one.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]23914[/ATTACH]

I drilled two 1 inch holes on each side of the of the floor through the frame rails for the plugs to go through
[ATTACH=CONFIG]23915[/ATTACH]

I also drilled 1 inch holes through 4 pieces of 3/16 plate which will go on top of the frame and on the bottom for the plugs to go through.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]23916[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23917[/ATTACH]

bottom
[ATTACH=CONFIG]23918[/ATTACH]