honda-tech members

How weak are the changes they have made to honda-tech.com? i have been a registered user there since 02 and i think this is the end. Really to bad to see such an awesome resource go in the shitter like that.

Been on there since 05 when i was into hondas :shifty ive been on there everyonce in a while to poke around… but…

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/Ghost112/dddd.gif

No longer an active member. I’m on another forum with “better” cars. PM me or hit me up on AIM Waylon.

i couldn’t tell u, i only lurk appearence-cosmetic section…seems the same to me, hard parkers with nice looking cars.

I’m just catching on to what exactly happened, but I’m still in the blue about a lot.

Did it get sold or they just switched to vB?

Why are so many people upset with the vB format, besides the fact that GDD lost a lot of the threads.

New rules? New management?

Things sure look and feel different.

Weak

ive been a member on there since like 03 i think i hav 6 posts and its been like 6 months since i been on there i dont really has an urge to

ditched that garbage site :cool

I might be registered but with <2 posts.

yeah ive got like 6 posts in 3 or so years… 5 of which are in the past 6 months i think

It was purchased by Internet Brands, the same company that owns Vbulletin. They don’t care about enthusiasts, but rather the money they make from advertisements. They own a bunch of other popular forums and I’m sure VW Vortex is next.

dont think so.

They go for all of the high traffic sites and anything can be bought for a price. http://www.internetbrands.com/autonetwork

Vortex Media Group is a huge company, dont see it happening.

I hope not, the admin of internet brands has 1 post on Honda-Tech. To sum it up, “We are not switching anything we changed, we need more traffic on the site.” :umm

the guys who own vortex and vortex media group do really well. and the site is pretty flawless, with the traffic they get from the car lounge and the other sites they own, im sure they would like to keep the money flowing rather then sell out.

Ah so it’s the same thing as I’ve seen happen on a 240 board, and Superhonda.com. They come in, buy it out, don’t care for the members or the community, do things their own way.

That end’s up pissing a lot of old members off and they start their own spinoff sites which are popular and become filled with the community of the old site that wasn’t happy with the change over.

Saw this happen a few times, never worked out too well and waaay too many ads everytime.

VWvortex has a very extensive chain of websites from what I’ve seen, designed in a very delicate manner. Motive is just an online mag that takes advantage of the member base right?

I’d be curious to see more about VwV.

Nope, sorry, I’m wrong. Apparently it’s a rather common thing to be buying forum communities to help your marketing business.

Another company did it to superhonda with very similar results.

Vertical scope
http://www.verticalscope.com/automotive/toyota.html

They own Autoforums.com

Buy shift so vlad can finsh the damn CRX already :banana

They did the same with dsmtalk but I have yet to check tuners. I think dsmtuners is still privately owned