VW Vortex Down

As you VW people probably know by now, Vortex is down. This is because of a lawsuit having to do with the creators of ZeroForums. Just posting this so you people don’t get all worried. The sites that were ZeroForums powered will be back soon I’m sure. Taken from another site regarding Honda-Tech, but it’s the same deal.

“H-T used to run on the message board software called, ZeroForum. A simplistic software that was written from scratch by a man named Dustin. He and a guy named Mike worked together to build H-T years back. Back when it was called something other than Honda-Tech.com.
A dispute happened between them, what seemed like money was the ’cause. Dustin got dropped by Mike, even though Dustin written all the codes and such. At this point, Mike owned Honda-Tech.
After a little while, Mike sold H-T to IB/Internet Brands for some funds. Which IB then transitioned H-T to run from ZeroForum to vBulletin software.
Since there were people who hated the new H-T and whatever, thinking it’s a nazi forum and what not. Some moved onto NWP, which runs on ZeroForum, ’cause they love that ‘simplistic’ feeling of a forum.
With that said, Dustin has sued Mike. And there has been a conclusion to their case, which affects the RelyNet/ZeroForum software and its use.
Which should explain some stuff. And that’s about all that should be known. “

vortex is down? that’s a change of pace

fuck VW

why do you care? You dont own a VW.

Another large Honda site, NWP4life.com, is down as well, but I didn’t think anyone would care about that

because i don’t like them

I meant Lance, not you.

I dont care much for them either.

Didn’t even know about the existence, I feel like I’ve been missing out.

The only split I’ve seen that was semi successful was a split named GDD-tech.com

Dustin created the zerofourm software while he was working for Relynet, Decarlo, the owner of relynet is a complete scumbag. I believe he tried to lay claim to dustins software but ended up losing the trial as you can all see now. Any websites that Decarlo didnt hand the information over to Dustin are being shutdown by Dustin, its a huge mess at the moment. Ive been talking to Dustin a bit on another forum and he is being portrayed as the bad guy even though its relynet that has really fucked everything up. Vortex will be back up soon but it will probably switch over to zeroforum and the transition will take a long time to do id imagine.

Wut? haha not sure what you’re saying here.

Gdd-tech isnt too succesful anymore, me and SRS BZNS used to be mods there. It went downhill real quickly. Mensalmanac is a spinoff of HT’s GDD section and that one actually is very succesful but they have run into some serious issues with the changeover, many members are revolting and are actually posting on another site called guysalmanac that was setup by Dustin to save the forum when it was shutdown because Decarlo wasnt cooperating. Once MA was officially shutdown guysalmanac was supposed to be turned back into MA but the owner of MA is a fucking dumbass and fucked it all up.

Ah now I got it. NWP was never a split from h-t. It started as a local forum for SoCal people and kind of grew over the years. It had become huge after the whole IB buying Honda-Tech thing. I’ve been on there since 07… it’s a good site for higher end builds and parts. More appearance stuff than technical. They also have a large “pron” section haha.

Internet forum culture, what losers :rofl

Lance - I didn’t know that there was NWP4Life, sounds like a counter strike forum if anything.

I instinctively went to check it out, until I realized mid-typing that I’m not going to get far.

It stands for Northwood Pizza, which I guess is where the Honda scene kinda started

i go to http://honda-tekh.com for all the ITR og’s.

I cant believe that site actually took off. They made it claiming that the Honda-tech mods were Nazis and then their mods were 10 times worse, bunch of bitches on that site. One of their mods when they first started was a 17 year old teenie bopper from NJ that knew jackshit about cars and banned anyone that she didnt like.

it’s really only used by the ITR crowd. the rest of the site is slow.

oh no, the car lounge. oooooh nooooooo

sooo stupid. NWP is the only site I’ve ever been banned from, lol.

Youve never been banned from Honda-tech? I think everyone that signed up on there has been banned at least once. I was up to 5 or 6 times before I found other general discussion forums to troll:lol

Finding out that VB is much slower than Zeroforum, of the 2 sites I was talking about earlier Dustins site runs much more smoothly and is extremly quick. While the new Vbulletin forum is slow and sloppy. Shift seems like it runs pretty flawlessly though so they must be working out some bugs still.