Shift in 2014 + DDoS Takes Down Server

How’s it going guys? Most of you don’t know me, but my real name is Josh and I run NYSpeed.com as well as several other integrated & networked automotive forums. I have a very pro-automotive stance on forum content and as much as possible, a laissez-faire stance on moderation.

Vlad & I made an agreement a few months ago and ownership of the forum was transferred. In the past few months we’ve been working on several things to upgrade the forum. I’m introducing myself now because we’re getting close to some front-end changes on Shift that I’m sure you’ll notice. We already moved the site to a dedicated server a few months ago, fixed Tapatalk and soon we’ll be upgrading to vB4. Plugins and features will also get upgraded.

Eventually Shift will be added to our forum network. What this means is that you’ll gradually see added forums which will allow interaction beyond Shift itself. For example, a ‘Builds’ forum where threads about project vehicles can be shared with everyone on the larger network. You don’t have to post your project in that forum and you can always post them in the same place you do now. But it will get much more exposure if you do utilize it. Most of the forum structure will remain the same from what it is now.

The moderators here have already been briefed on what’s to come and I know a few of you are already members on NYSpeed so you’ll know what to expect. We’re looking forward to 2014 and some expended content and functionality on Shift! :tbu

Fuck you

:rofl

holy shit :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

lol http://www.nyspeed.com/customsmiles/clap.gif

Pic? A/s/l? Seriously… Trying to hook my boy Loveforboost up.

:popcorn

It seams that the new owner is a kool-aid drinker.

What is your stance on goat pictures and the dark folk?

Classic :rofl

Is there a limit on how many birthdays one person can have per year?

BTW Happy Birthday PJB!

happy birthday paul

This thread sucks

What kind of a fucking idiot would buy this site?

Sounds like he thinks he’s running a Fortune 500 company. “Briefing” the mods on what’s to come and blah blah blah.

The new mods can suck a dick… op has been negged

+rep

Guys, way too much hatred! PJB doesn’t deserve to see all this drama on his birthday.

god forbid someone take something here seriously.

you all cry here about how niskylot is a bunch of immature children and full of worthless nonsense, and then come here and do the same thing in your own site.

In reality the guy is keeping this place up for you, improving the expierence, hopefully bringing in a few new members to the family, and more importantly doing what he wants with his own fucking property. He could have just done all these things behind the scenes, not said a lick of it to anyone, you all would be scratching your heads and going on about your personal life like nothing happend… last part being the key. Would it really be that fucking hard to shake someones hand, say nice to meet you and thanks for your efforts then go on about your day?

He bought the site months ago and waited til now to post.

There’s some clean cars on here, but honestly I come here for the awesome stuff love4boost posts, and all the other crazy stuff like people trying to sell stuff their dog pissed on. Not to read some bullshit about what this one kid did to his civic.