Honda Transmission Guys ... Please Give Me Your Input!

I bought an H23 motor and transmission (m2s4) off a kid over a year ago. I finally got around to installing it in my 95’ Accord. I finished the swap, put penzoil synchromesh in it, then went to take the car around the block. I put it in first and rev to about 3000-3500rpms, shift into second and let of the clutch, and the transmission GRINDS / won’t even let me into gear. So I tested out the rest of the gears 3-4-5-R and they all work fine. So I’m led to believe my 2nd gear synchro is shot. Here’s a video of my problem …
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/95AccordVtec/th_2ndGearProblem.jpg

so I pulled the transmission yesterday (when draining the synchromesh, my magnetic drain plug had metal shavings on it) and started to tear it apart and this is what it looks like. sorry I know some of the pics are very blurry.

so I started messing with the 1-2 gear shift fork. it will shift into first no problem, but when it comes to 2nd, it fights me and eventually goes into gear. the teeth on the 2nd gear synchro look very small compared to all the other synchros.

here’s a pic of the other synchros

here’s a pic of the 2nd gear synchro

here’s a pic of where the synchro sleeve always seems to get stuck (on the 2nd gear synchro)

I’m def no transmission guru, so please let me know what you guys think. TIA.

EDIT: I know it might be hard to tell me what needs to be replaced, but if you have any ideas … I’m all ears!

the third pic up looks like your missing some teeth on the synchro. I’d rather look at it in person though

thats how the syncros are, you cant really tell a syncro is shot by looking at the outside other then ground down teeth. you’ll have to pull it off and look at the inside of the syncro to see if its still grabbing the collar

you need to inspect the fricton surface on the inside of the syncros. or push the collar down firnly and see if the syncro grabs. if its worn it will probably sit on the collar and just spin. but its one of those things you need to see in person.

lol that 2nd gear syncro is destroyed, i can see it from here. Your probably gonna need to replace the syncro ring, spring, hub and sleeve. Looks like there is quite a bit of room in there. Make sure the shift fork isnt bent and that it doesnt have too much wear, you could also have other things going on here besides just the syncro, like a needle bearing problem possibly on 2nd. This is also a good time to check your other syncros and main/countershaft bearings (esp mainshaft bearings). The countershaft locknut might be a left handed thread also (for your info) and i think 3rd 4th and 5th syncros are pressed on to the mainshaft itself, as well as the bearings

pm’d

do these use a steel or aluminum fork? i know the aluminum honda forks in the d series trans bend all the time.

i thnk its aluminum, usually when a fork bends it effects the companion gear as well

I’ve done about 50-60 of these trannies and this post seems right on the money. PM me if you need it worked on. You are gunna need a shop press and bearing pullers. And I got all that shit.

buy new tranny… but it makes me want to pull my tranny apart