Honda's....FML

I figured I’d finish up with the driver side bulb since it’s not -15 today. I knew it was gonna be a pita. The passwnger side was annoying with the air box in the way, but it wasn’t too bad. The driver side however, has the power steering right in front of it with the windshield washer tank right of it. You can lift the power steerinng resevoir out of the clip-not fully-and that’s as much room as you get.

it’s pretty cramped. It felt like I needed smaller hands and I got sketon hands. I thought I had it but the hold down wire disavreed. So I went to correct it and repositioned my hands and while repositioning it had trouble getting a good grip. I bumped it changing hand positions and felt it sinking. With no -existant leverage I tried to grab it by the prongs to no avl. It fell in. I was gutted…and pissed.

Now I gotta pull off the housing which isn’t too bad, except that I gotta pull off the inner fender cover to get the side clip to pop it out. Then it’s fishing time! It’s beyond me how anyone would even want to go through the hassle of putting HID’s in this generation. There’s no damn room for anything. Working on a 240 is so much more enjoyable. With an RB I still have easy access to the lights. The housing comes out easier, and there is plenty of room where the HID’s are mounted in comparision to the Honda…

Arrrfggg. Fucking Honda’s, they don’t like me. It’s mutual.Here’s a frosty -6C middle finger to you. My one finger is even frozen and sticking out lol. Thought I’d share my frustration.

if you jack the front up and do it from the bottom its 100 million times easier, at least it is in my rsx

power sterring ftl.

Most cars are a bitch to change a HLB now a days.

Wait till you get a newer vehicle.

I have changed a few bloody nightmares.

Don’t the Honda’s get like 100 extra whp from removing it or some shit?

I used to hear them ranting and raving about it back in the day.

lol it goes hand in hand with “stickers make the car faster.”
im just not a fan of power steering for some strange unexplained reason.

Depends on the car.

I swear they make newer cars a pita jist so the delearships can make more money off maitenance work.

Man, I would take the ps out so the damn car can breath! Our Nissans are old, and they certainly not the greatest, but it’s things like this that rely make you appreciate them. Also when driving a Honda I realized how right I felt in a 240. Everything was positioned just right. With an RB there was no shifter play, no lol, perfect height and throw for me. I cannot say that about the Honda at l. Nissan just sid certain things right an d better IMO back in the day.

everything was better back then.

dude i cant belive you got the bulb stuck in there… before you take the headlight offf the filler neck for the washer reservioir actually pops off. try that first it will give you more room.

peace

People like you and me still work at dealerships. Its not any easier to change the light bulb you just learn the tricks.

I can’t believe it either. How do you think I felt when it started to slip. It was like a movie where the guy randomly screams nnoooooooo" and can’t do shit as he loses grip. I didn’t even think it was possible for the bulb to slip in like that.

Ouch, I fought with my focus for 5 mins to change the d.s. hlb… =S GE H4’s @ $9 FTW!!!

LOL, I have to unbolt the grille to remove the front bumper to remove my headlights to change my bulbs. Then I have to go through the PITA of re-aligning everything so it doesn’t look like I’ve been in a front end collision. Don’t complain :stuck_out_tongue:

I have tried everything I can hands wise to get the bulb out without pulling the housing out. I have managed to get the bulb close to the hole so I may be able to get it out with one of those magnetic sticks (praying). If that doesn’t work, I will have to Jack the car up from the front, remove the bumper, and pull out the headlight housing. Needless to say, I will not be a happy camper if I have to pull off the bumper in the freezing cold.

This is the stupidest little thing that could have ever happened. Fricken nightmare.

#^}^]}^}^#+{€###!!!

move the PS res out the way!.. it slides up when you pull on it!

I tried that, the hoses are too short on this one for it to go anywhere at all. It will just sit on the top of the clip at best, and due to where the hole in the housing is, my wrist will hit on something so I can’t pinch the bulb and pull it out.

yes, my moms 07 altima, buld already went out, had to take off grill and front bumper and remove all headlight bolts. Such a pain

lol it just helps salvage a LITTLE power since the PS belt is constantly spinning off the engine. i wanted to remove mine, never got around to it. i do look forward to the better steering response though

ive done a few retarded head lights, newest one would be a chrysler 300m, took the radiator support out with a few other things and when i put the bulb in i accidently broke the tip (didnt know) tested the lights for 1 second they worked so i put everything back together, then when i was about to pull the car out the bulb burnt out, so i had to repeat everything agian lol…