hey

hey… i need sum more help… my power steering is out… and i’ve been told that its cuz my hicas lines are rusted or sumthing… is that a possibility?.. or sumthign else?.. and if hicas lines are rusted…all i have to do is replace lines rite?.. is tehre any gasket or anyhting… else i gotta replace?.. for a leaking hicas line…or sumthing?

get a non hicas power steering pump and just reconnect your front power steering lines and disable st00pid hicass its not worth putting money into

i love my hicas but like alesserfate said, its not worth spending the money. hicas is expensive to fix too.

so r u saying… that if i jus take out the hicas lines… and jus swap a non hicas power steering pump… then i wont have hicas… and my powersteering will work?

yeah screw the hicas. its pricey to fix.

wt will i have to do?.. and how do u dissable hicas?.. i heard u cant dissable it… i donno… and all i have to do is then swap hicas powersteering pump to non hicas powersteering pump?wt else do i need to d this?.. im kinda a noob

an even more simple fix (that’ll only cost you about $5) is to cut the two Hicas lines at the passenger side firewall and join them with a piece of hose and some clamps. basically, the fluid is just makin a 180 degree turn at that point instead of going to the rear of the car.

when your Hicas light is on, the system is automatically disabled… go one step further and remove the bulb behind that dummy light.

wouldnt you need to secure your rear wheels somehow if you just disconnect the lines? would the rear wheels not just randomly turn?

does that really work?.. the system dissables the hicas and the rear wheel locks?. or sumtihng?.. has anyone tried it…or have an opinion?

the hicas system has 3 fail safe selenoids to lock the wheels togehter and individually. If the systems sense errors (IE: no fluid…) selenoids lock and you have 2 wheel steering again.
Whether or not your selenoids are functioning is another question

You could also disconnect the Hicas steering sensor in the steering column just behind the wheel

FAQ’s; FSM thread, FSM-Power steering section…

go with koz’s idea…
it works well