Power Steering Noise

So last night my steering started to make noise and tighten up at low speeds out of the blue, pulled over and checked for PS fluid and it was empty, drove 4 kms to my house and filled with atf, pump im assuming is still making noise ? do i need to bleed it or is the pump gone ? Thanks

If it was empty - theres a leak most likely. After you fill it up there is still air in the lines which is the sound you hear. Usually it goes away after it sort of bleeds itself. If not, it’s a serious leak thats bringing air in the system, or yeah your pump is gone.

^lol.

Just replace your pump + lines (to be safe) and your good to go.

Or if your hardcore, just fully delete it and free up some weight.

yea you guys are right, i checked this morning and theres a leak near the back tires, is the hicas run by the power steering cause im assuming thats the lines leaking ?

Yes, Hicas is powered by the same pump and fluid run.

Hack: What’s funny about what I said?

It sounded funny when you randomly put in “or yeah your pump is gone.”

I guess I’ve got a bad sense of humor? :/:

lol

you should just get rid of the hicas, buy a 80 dollar lock bar, you can probably get it cheaper on ebay, i think hks or someone has the gangster one.

Then when you lock it, cut out the part that leaks, then loop it. also when you do this you will have to bleed the ps, fill it up leave the cap off and crank the wheel from lock to lock(full left then full right) over and over again a few times, you will probably see the fluid foaming a bit, then top up and you will be good.

edit* or you can go get a non hicas ps pump and get rid of the whole rear line assembly.

Hey Keez and everyone else thanks for feedback, sounds like a good idea, i’ll look into it, but i like the awesome handles with the hicas. havent really done alot of drifting lol

I’m one of the few that love HICAS as well. When you tell people you have 4 wheel steering, rear wheel drive, 5 link rear multilink and a viscous limited slip differential, it sounds so badass lol.

^^^i SOOOOOOOOOOO agree!!!

hicas is the shit!

make sure u loop the system mine did the same in the fall don’t have the locker bar yet but still drive it lol as far as keeping i wouldn’t mine was fucked it would kick in randomly in hard corners so felt very unpredictable

Im not sure my HICAS even works anymore. A year of drifting, and 2 sessions with a welded must NOTTT be good for it lol.

Oh well. Shes knows her place.

welded diff or not…would not affect HICAS.

Drifting would haha.

maybe…drifting is not good for anything really. but who knows.

all i do know is i luuuuuv mah supa hicassssss

na floppy hicas is the way to drift been rolling like that for about 10000km ganster ghetto sytle lol f locker bars live on the edge!