Honking horn

well here is the story boys… driving down richmond st … cab driver stoppes in the middle of the road to let people in…i honk my horn… we both drive away…i get pulled over…careless driving, too close at a high rate of speed (aka parked?) at the end… no car 7 days… no licence 7 days. and a 110 fine…
lesson learned… no honking :)…off to court…ill keep ya posted

Uh…That’s retarded. That doesn’t even make sense in fact… You better get off on that one…

I just dont understand cops at all if it is how you described it. “Common Sense” is considered a big part of the police way of thinking or so they try to say but somethings they do just blow my mind… for example:

I ate 2 tickets on friday, 1 for no muffler on my beater heres the kicker I had a new replacement muffler in the trunk and offered to show the female cop I was scheduled to goto the shop the next day. Same broad writes me a ticket for fail to provide valid insurance card, my insurance was just renewed and I was awaiting the new insurance card… my insurance is completely valid I just had an expired card on me she called my company to confirm my insurance is valid but STILL wrote my a ticket.

Heres a funny part she encouraged I goto court with my muffler repair receipt and my new insurance card (both which i have now) and she was “certain” it’ll get thrown out.

SO i’m thinking WHY THE F*CK you write the tickets for if you were certain they are going to get thrown out in court other than to inconvenience someone. Shit like that defies common sense, I guess when you gotta fill a quota (which the police deny they have) you hand out tickets like flyers.

hmm tickets… i thought that was a supply of paper to break & roll on… then a fun fire show

good for filters too.

This is not a jab at anyone in the insurance industry.

I’ve always wondered if some people in the insurance industry have connections with law enforcements.

Taking the previous 2 examples into considerations. In both scenarios, both tickets will probably be thrown out or be settled by the prosecutor to a lesser charge. Even in one of the examples - the officer actually advised that the ticket would be thrown out.

Even if the ticket is thrown out or settled to a lesser charge by the prosecutor - your premium still increases.

things are looking to be in my favor… i have a meeting on the 14th… ill keep ya posted

again i say

its not hard to tell its the end of the month

i am lucky to have a few officers in my family and friends with heads on there shoulders… not just a badge in there wallet

gl bro… keep us posted

see the fuck up thing is you shouldnt be stopping to let ppl in you get a ticket for that too.

same thing happen to me with the exhaust a few months ago… i was stopped at the red, cop see’s my shiny exhaust… boom !!! i see cherries!!!
one thing i dont understand is why they will tell you to take it to court and most likely i’ll get off, so but why the hell would they give me a $110 fine instead of just a warning and just let me go…

/rant

It’s well known that police officers have a certain quota to meet.

Just to clarify, some regions (halton for sure) do not have quotas. I know a few halton officers who have clarified this for me.

There is however certain forms of encouragement but no actual quotas.

My mistake for being presumptuous.

If not ticket quotas, do officers have some sort of performance/activity quota? I could imagine that there are repercussions for consistently showing empty “activity logs?”

Also, some regions do not have quotas, can we assume that other regions do?

I’m not trying to jab anyone or any part of law enforcement - I’m just tryin to ask intelligent questions that would elicit important information for our community.

He mentioned “certain forms of encouragement”, so there’s an implication there that they get performance bonuses or something. Some sort of incentive to hand out tickets, anyway.

Love your signature btw, makes me laugh every time I read it.

John does mention that Halton does not have quotas, but I’m trying to clarify if regions other than Halton have quotas.

Thanks, it’s clever though I can’t remember where I found it.

Hey guys,

There are no monetary bonuses for high activity - just like with any other job there are reviews and other performance monitoring methods.

My sisters ex boyfriend is a halton cop and he said on a really busy month he would issue as many as 70 tickets, but typical months were only 10-15 tickets. he said he’s done as little at 7 tickets in a month.

thats not to mention hundreds of warnings.

and yes, to answer your question, other regions DO have quotas, I’m just can’t say which with any kind of certainty.

that maybe true BUT doesnt stop internal betting… who can impound the most cars of issue the most tickets before a set date!

Thanks for clarifying, John

Unless you can prove this - your comment is simply slanderous.

Just to let you guys know i was found NOT guilty yesterday.

^^^ happy for you, Know what haapens to the fee’s you had to pay to get your car out of the pound? The court should pay the impound fees.