hook up at Audi anyone ?

i need to get my ac charged and was told on the 96 models need to be charged by dealer only… im not paying 150 bucks for cold air someone please hook me up

uh, not that i recall

unless by some mirical we never had a 96 in the collision shop that needed a/c service (or they came in while i was on vacation)

:shrug: I did the ac on my A4… it was an 01.5.

[quote=“HotRodKid,post:2,topic:31534"”]

uh, not that i recall

unless by some mirical we never had a 96 in the collision shop that needed a/c service (or they came in while i was on vacation)

[/quote]

all on the audi forums… everone says 96 is the only year that cant be done because the service ports are not in the same location as the 97+ 2.8’s

yea, so maybe if your trying to fill your a/c system with the autozone cans

link to pics ? refresh my memory on where the ports are on the '96

[quote=“HotRodKid,post:5,topic:31534"”]

yea, so maybe if your trying to fill your a/c system with the autozone cans

link to pics ? refresh my memory on where the ports are on the '96

[/quote]

to

i have no idea where the low side is the highside is right on the condenser…

my dad said i can get a cheap kind put it in boiling water to make it hot and have high pressure turn it up sidedown and connect to the highside so it lets only the liquid in… correct me if im wrong

[quote=“jkucz28,post:6,topic:31534"”]

to

my dad said i can get a cheap kind put it in boiling water to make it hot and have high pressure turn it up sidedown and connect to the highside so it lets only the liquid in… correct me if im wrong

[/quote]

Holy Dont Fucking Blow Yourself the fuck up Batman

Just find out where the fuck the fucking Low side is for fucks sake.

ill all data it for you. model/ motor?

Heat it up so it turns into a vapor then dump it in thru the high side. You had the right idea just the wrong words. You dont wanna be dumping liquid into the high side.

[quote=“jkucz28,post:6,topic:31534"”]

to

[/quote]

[quote=“Violator,post:7,topic:31534"”]

Just find out where the fuck the fucking Low side is for fucks sake.

[/quote]

There is no low side port on a 96. The only port available is the high side directly on the condensor. The only way to do it properly, without introducing a bunch of air, causing moisture problems, high pressures, and poor performance is to recover, evac and recharge with a machine. Seems to me like spending $150 is worth not having a bunch of problems in the long run

This is true, on the 93 - 95 Audi 90 (and 96 A4) the only accessible port is the High side, which is in the front when you open the hood and can only be charged with a high-pressure machine.

[FONT=Arial] The low-pressure side, where you use the cans from the local store, is located on the core under the dash.[/FONT]

[quote=“bracketracer,post:10,topic:31534"”]

There is no low side port on a 96. The only port available is the high side directly on the condensor. The only way to do it properly, without introducing a bunch of air, causing moisture problems, high pressures, and poor performance is to recover, evac and recharge with a machine. Seems to me like spending $150 is worth not having a bunch of problems in the long run

[/quote]

and does anyone have a hook up at audi so i dont have to spend the 150 bucks

just drive with the windows down :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“jkucz28,post:12,topic:31534"”]

and does anyone have a hook up at audi so i dont have to spend the 150 bucks

[/quote]

It doesn’t have to be the dealer. Any shop with a working 134 machine can do this. Should help out in costs a bit.

I won’t have my machine for at least another couple of weeks, so no help here.

I can do it for ya, I do have a machine also… Pm me…:biglaugh: