Hourglass Traffic lights.

This is stupid. Why mess with something that’s not broken? The only thing broken is the people who can’t figure out how a standard light works.

i could take it either way

The timers show me exactly how little i have to bother to slow down (or exactly how much i have to speed up) in order to blast through the intersection while its TECHNICALLY green

In the real world, count down clocks and traffic dont go well together. Timers are for races

EDIT: “hurry up” on the 1/2 empty green? That’s great, the creator admits that this light is designed to let people know that they should gun it to make it through the green light. Real safe!

Ditch the timers, however I don’t mind the yellow after the red before it turns green. Its setup that way in european countries and I kind of liked it after driving there for a bit.

Eh, is it really that big of a problem? I think it looks kinda cool though.

yellow before green really makes driving easier! I was blown away at how effective this is in London. It makes sure people stop because those getting the green know its coming. Plus it keeps traffic flowing a lot better.

Set a state wide standard to prevent townships fucking with timing for cameras/cops, and punish the fuck out of those that run red lights.

I love going threw a pink, thinking what an ass i was for racing the light, and looking in my rear view mirror to see 3 more cars drive threw a blatent red.

politicians setting laws that set requirements for other politicians, and politicians punishing politicians that do things against the law ?

And on top of that, your talking about laws that take money out of the governments pocket.

no
fucking
chance

Is it me or is that written like a Chinese guy is talking?

Lil bit lol… ha

+1, worked well in Vienna

What about color blind people? The current lights have a specific order top to bottom so even if you can’t tell the difference between red and green (the common color blindness) you can tell which one is illuminated.

^ Good point.

Also, it turns Yellow before a Green? So they effectively doubled the amount of times people will rush to the intersection. Smart.

NYS will take them! Anything to bring in revenue. New ugly plates, new street signs, etc.

Wrong.

I assume that this is the only example though, my stomping grounds when I was a baby.

^ I suppose if your neighborhood is that Irish there are enough drunk driving crashes that the rare color blind red light running isn’t really an issue.

Hello rear end collisions becuase people hit the brakes in the intersection trying to figure out what it says.

Wha make eet great for everyone?

Go to London, watch the traffic. You will be utterly amazed