This is how I feel about the new circle @ Fuller/Wash Ext by UAlbany..

I already saw an accident there involving a big rig with a flatbed and a Yaris.

Putting a light at the end of the onramp was a terrible idea :banghead

I dont remember that intersection being a huge problem when it had traffic lights but now its all fucked up and rather confusing.

Its a circle in a circle who eva designed that was
Trippin

I think it’s fine

I love traffic circles, but people’s IQ dropped significantly as soon as they encounter one.

You gave people traffic lights, they will run it; You don’t give them traffic lights, they stopped in the middle of the road wondering what to do…:rofl

I dont see the big fascination with them around here lately, they take up a ton of room and I dont think the traffic flows much better. The only thing is the ones in Delmar are fun to drive through really fast at 4am when i’m doing my paper route.

^ they substantially smooth out the traffic in heavy areas. Take the ones at exit 12 in Malta. That place was a clusterfuck around rush hour when state farm let out. Now it’s backup free. Track season too.

I love circles, especially when half a dozen are in succession within 1500 feet

This.

Although, that light on the ramp was kinda dumb, I must admit. I can see why they did it though…to allow that traffic to get to the left lane to get onto 90. I say just gun it and veer left :lol.

Europe is HUGE on them. Surprised it took us that long to find the benefit in them. People just need time to transition to the idea of them and how they work, because it definitely does tend to stump folks.

This.

I also do not like the traffic light. It should be an on-ramp.

Holy hell…thats the most retarded thing I have ever seen!

Here is the actual circle in question:

Source: http://alloveralbany.com/archive/2012/04/12/reconfiguration-of-washington-and-fuller-starts

this is exactly why I drive like a bat outa hell. I see an opening my car will fit into, and see a path I want to take, I hit the fucking gas and do it. I have no problem going around people counting sheep at the yield sign on the shoulder or what ever it takes.

Its not a hard concept at all, look ahead of where you are about to go, if you car will fit there send it.

Adam I love the rt 67 ones! lol. on my supermoto I would jump the corners of them straight as an arrow first circle to last! LOL

Traffic circle in EG cleaned up traffic jams quite a bit.

Looks pretty simple to me

This. But people still go all deer in headlights at the sight of them. It’s a fucking circle! Get in it without disrupting traffic too much and find your turn. If you miss your turn because you are busy wiping the drool off your chin guess what? It’s a CIRCLE and if you continue around it your turn will be right in front of you again momentarily. There’s no reason to stop at the entrance to formulate a “plan of attack”.

:lol

That circle off fuller is a no brainer. The problems are:

1. 99% of people cannot read, let alone fucking drive
  2. 99% people have no clue how a circle functions
  3. 99% people still cannot read, let alone fucking drive
  4. 99% people don’t know what right of way means

^this guy.

Traffic circles help for people who are smart enough to use them. Incompetent people dislike them and are usually the ones to cause issues in them.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m08hmlCfJG1qi0u14o1_500.gif