Poorly timed stop lights

Anyone else notice the stoplights in certain areas have the worst timing?

Example, Dick rd.-Cayuga dr. between Walden and Main st.(Williamsville)
I drive this stretch a few times a day, and it rarely fails. I turn onto Dick rd., and as soon as I reach N. Creek(?) there is the double light, and it’s just turning red.:banghead: Once you get the green, you are pulling up at George Urban, and it’s turning red,:banghead: then when you get to the light at Wegmans/Valu it goes red,:banghead: etc. etc. HOWEVER. if you go a solid 15-20 over the speed limit and make it through the first light you get greens all the way down. :eekdance:

I tried Union road, and it usually has the same setting, gun it to catch the first light, and you are good to go for the rest.

Drives me insane!!!

thats main st from bailey thru willyville as well.

Main street is like that too. just get pounded by lights. Though idk if they are necessarily in sync.

I love driving up elm street from the 190, though. Just ride the green wave.

borden and clinton street in west seneca is brutal

if you do 38mph down union you get all lights green

elm in the city is the shit

More than likely it’s lights on timers fighting lights on cross street sensors.

buffalo is the worst city I have ever seen as far as light timing goes. Main Street is HORRENDOUS

Going from East Aurora to West Seneca through Orchard Park sucks. Yesterday I got stuck N. Buffalo/20A then Milestrip/N. Buffalo then Seven corners then Orchard Park Rd/Union then Lake/Orchard Park Rd. The lights are literally located in a 2-3 mile distance and it took me about 25 minutes to go through them.

yeah i drive that way home from the shop. It drives me nuts every time. especially when i get stuck behind slow people and know i’m screwed the rest of the way.

I’m pretty sure it is timed though, because it happens almost every time. Just like the Elm street off the 190 to the 33 is allways green. That Elm street section just makes you feel like you are having a little bit better of a day than you were if you were driving down Union or Dick/Cayuga.

It such a stupid move if they did it “knowingly”. Timing the lights would be beneficial in not just noise reduction, but traffic, save gas, keep people “in a better mood” Etc. I’m guessing they did it to keep the speed down on those roads. It’s all crap tell the old people to shut up or move to fucking Florida.

X…

:word: Coming from work at the HSBC center i purposely cut over 3 streets just to get to elm and still save 5 min going to the 33. Even if i hit a red i just do the trucker slowdown and its green in no time.

It’s the same way with main street in east aurora. It’s even worse when it happens to you after 8pm WHEN NO ONE ELSE IS ON THE DAMN ROADS.

That’s probably the case and it shows how stupid politicians are in this area. Properly timed lights keep the speed down because you quickly realize speeding is just going to get you to a red light, while driving the limit lets your breeze right through green after green.

Cornwall, ON is by far the best place I’ve driven for traffic lights. Every single main road in that city has the lights timed for good traffic flow. @ about 5 over the speed limit you can cross the city without a single red.

worst light is at 3am the end of union it will never change unless there is 2 cars at the light

Just roll back a carlenght, it will change. The light at the end of my development is the same way. (or look both ways and go for it :wink: )

X…:nerd:

Kenmore/main street/ghetto tops IS THE WORST coming from bailey

Delaware sucks balls too… I think I hit every light every time.

the light on starin and hertel is terrible too. trying to valet at fiama sucks when you have to use that light.

Any stoplight in the city that’s painted yellow is timed. The sensor ones are all dark green.

If you flash your brights from a couple lengths back at a redlight it will change pretty abruptly to green. It’s for ambulances and firetrucks.

There are not even that many lights on those street. What is there to complain about?

On Topic: A lot of streets downtown are pretty bad.