Poorly timed stop lights

ive heard that and tried it, no results. got lucky a couple times but thats about it.

I can time the lights pretty good on main st without traffic from hertel to past the thruway. The light by the top across from UB always kills the sequence though. Sometimes you do get stuck but you can usually get through about 3 lights without hitting a red.

I do the slow roll though if im going through a green and I see a red one light ahead. Most people race to the next light and come to a complete stop.

Brightness of highbeams/distance/location have a lot to do with it. No rural lights have the sensor (except crittenden and rt 5, for some reason). On a couple occasions at night in the FD i’ve cruised a good 15 miles on RT 5 with nothing but green lights. Transit too.

On topic, the light sequence coming from sheridan to main and down into the hollow sucks. You ALWAYS hit the red at sheridan and main and it kills you for the rest of rt 5

There is a road like that here. Lots of lights. Sometimes I come down, and its green the whole way. Sometimes every fucking light turns red. It makes me want to pull the baby out of my uterus.

If you’re taking the 90 E and get off at William street. If you want to go left onto William, you have to wait for the light. As soon as that turns green, you go under the thruway bridge just to get met with another light turning red. Every. Single. Time. If I was the first car in line, I’d be ready to dump the clutch as soon as the light changed, and if I floored it I would make it while the light was still yellow. I have since found an alternate route.

And another vote for 7 corners in Hamburg. It’s like 5 minutes just to make a right turn. Thanks to Tops, Wal Mart, West Herr Toyota, Verizon, and that vacant lot for saving me time when I’m in a real hurry, LOL.

I’ve never had that work and tried it on almost every car I’ve driven, HID, regular lights, trucks, etc. it’s BS.

X…

You have to do it somewhere in the vicinity of 14 flashes per second to activate the strobe-enabled sensors. =\

also: http://edition.cnn.com/2003/US/Midwest/11/05/traffic.lights.ap/

So how exactly are you doing that with your high beam flash then?

Must have been a coincidence a couple times a week for the last 3 years.

GO FIGURE!

I knew I should have been suspicious. rx7 high beams are sort of like the light that you can clip to a bike that uses a generator powered by you pedaling.

aka dull.

edit: I’m a drummer educated in technique of moeller and my finger skills are advanced beyond yours. Also rx7 lights can flash quicker than GTO lights.

don’t attack me you jerk, using “So how exactly…” as your initiating sarcasm >:E

A lot of the time i get caught at every single light on elm on my way down to work

then slow down.

lol i do go slow becuase there is always people crossing just bad timing i guess lol

STFU Troll, I don’t care how much dexterity you have from fingering your boyfriends prostate, you are full of shit.

Do they even have these sensors in WNY? I never saw them when I lived there. On top of that, even areas that have them, don’t have them on the majority of the lights… they are primarily used at busy intersections to stop all traffic as opposed to the emergency vehicle slowing down and using its own lights/sirens.

Cliffs:
WAAAAAMMMMBBBBUUUULLLLAAAANNNNCCCCEEEEE!

:slight_smile:

ur jus jeluz duh lol omg siq

edit: I was goofing around before, i didn’t see Jay make a post before i commented. I just said it must have always been a coincidence then linked to an article where it explained everything about the sensor on traffic lights. wtf else do you want cracka?

lol. khoveraki is funny.

Not in the morning when I am on Elm

no the light only lasts for about 5 sec if you are on boreden adn the u gota wait like 10 min for it 2 change it sux

the light in front of costanzos (sp?) on union fucking sucks. it turns red when no one is on the street heading to the warehouses/costanzos. and u have to sit there for 5 fucking minutes, i hit it every single time, and then when it turns green the light onto old french turns red which is about 20feet ahead

psh, fag0rs. Oak in the morning, Elm at night. 33 > 190