House update

The house that we were going to buy failed the home inspection majorly. It needs french drains, new electric, sandmound, the concrete block in the basement is cracked and water is coming in on all four sides of the house. So I am out $350 for the inspection and the sewage test, but at least I didn’t buy that shithole.

Back to square one with a July 9th deadline to move out. :doh:

roland its monday!

did you think the inspectors had thier game face on !!!

they said fuck monday, this house fails no matter what! I’m going home…

Talk to my dad… I’ll PM you his number. Tell him what you’re willing to spend and where you want to buy and he should be able to hook you up ASAP.

w/ what: Slumlord central?

Inspection was last Wednesday. :wtcslap: :smiley: I just haven’t posted yet. Also everything except the toilets were routed into a pipe that spilled out into a ditch along the road. I wonder if the DEP would like to hear about that? :owned:

he’s a real estate agent in addition to being a landlord.

what next?
maybe a ryan home :slight_smile:
cheap, build to suite, and burglars wanted:)

Ryan homes are way over priced. I am looking for a victorian or colonial on a decent level lot. I found a couple nice ones in Scottdale and one in Belle Vernon. I just don’t know if I can live in town like that. I am used to the country.

your lucky. Our house passed inspection when we bought it two years ago…little did we know…the wiring was bad, the basement flooded everytime it rained hard, and the bathtub surround was pretty much non-existant behind the tile. Consider yourself lucky.

i doubt they would care. Its pretty much common practice. I was looking into buying a house a while ago just north of Kittanning, right on the Allegheny, and the house, as well as every other house in the town, had all their sewage and waste water dump directly into the river.

and thats why the residents of Penn hills are paying huge fines because the boro thought it would be a good Idea to do that also. Now there is a proper facility right at allegheny river Blvd and Nadine Road. Its not common practice and illegal.

Sorry to hear that. I drove past it this weekend. Saw a few houses back around Nichols Hill and Port Royal area. I didn’t even know all that was there. Bid yards too, not like new construction lots these days.

I thought that w/ the home inspection, any “safety issues” the seller had to take care of? That’s how ours worked (granted they didn’t find everything, but they gave us a general idea).

Oh well, tough luck, and GOOD luck finding something else.

~Jenn

Who’d you get to inspect your house? I’d like to use that picky motherfucker myself on the next house…

We have electrical issues… 3/4 of my house was entirely on one 15 amp circuit, I don’t even know how things were working…

The guy’s name is Frank Monack. He has done 2 inspections for us. We lost the first house because ours didn’t sell quick enough.

Jenn, the seller can be responsible for whatever we request to be fixed, however they can also refuse to fix anything and at that point we have the option to walk away from the deal. The problem with this guy is that he is 70 years old, grew up in the house and can’t see that there is anything wrong with it. If he does sell it, someone is going to get ripped off.

It is common practice. There are giant signs on the river in Kittanning saying “warning, do not swim directly downstream of this sign, as there is a raw sewage discharge 50’ downshore” or some shit like that. If it was so illegal, I doubt the boro would be advertising it.

:owned:

from experience every home inspection turns up stuff, but most of it is pretty mundane, chipped paint, exposed wires in basement rafters, yadda yadda… anything that requires more than a weekend to fix is reason to RUN from the sale, but make sure you get the cash in escrow (if you had to put some down) :cool: