How bad are drivers today...

…that we have car companies designing cars to be safer for Pedestrians for when they get hit by their vehicle? I just saw a Passat commercial advertising that “feature” and I believe there was a Honda commercial like that as well. Man…selling safety for people that you hit with a car…hmmm.

…it’s crazy

I know its crazy just like domestic automakers making it safer for when SUV’s crash into everything else. What are they thinking?

“TOUCHDOWN”

bahahahahahahaha

that commercial mad me :lol:

next on the safety list is the deer protecting airbags… that save the deer when you hit them.

Honda has been doing this for years :gotme: Probably because there are more pedestrians on the street than cars.

It’s still a pretty stupid marketing point. Are you going to buy a car because its safe for when you crash into people? or are you going to focus more on the car being safe if you’re in a front end collision with another car at 50mph? Among other things such as gas mileage, reliability, service, quality, etc…all of which are higher on my list of what i’m looking for in a car. This little bit of information that they are wasting a commercial on really won’t be boosting sales.

Maybe they can do something about the jackass that was on the 90 last night that was popping wheeling on his bike at 80mph in front of me and a few other cars at 10pm heading back into Buffalo from the Southtowns.

This is the perfect time for me to bring up this point:
I am totally against all of this added safety they are adding to cars, for several reasons:

• They add un-needed weight to the cars
  • More crashes should be fatal. It helps keep the population in check.
  • If you were driving a vehicle that you knew would not protect you in a crash, you’d be paying alot more attention to the road. (most motorcycle riders are a prime example.)
    Bottom line, instead of making things that appeal and help the common dumbass, I wish they’d just do away with all of these safety features and let nature take its course…

If nature took its course then we wouldn’t be driving cars…

you should have tested your car to see if it had this feature. maybe he would have been less hurt when you bumped his rear wheel than if someone else did it.

I would think that marketing this kind of safety feature, would appeal more to people who walk, jog, and run often. Giving them the mindset that “Honda cares” which, in turn, when it’s their turn to shop for a new vehicle, Honda is on the top of their list.

I only think a small percentage of pedestrian safe cars care about the feature.

I think the benefit would be more in tune with Europe, where people actually remember that they have legs.

nature did take its course. We evolved. We destroy everything. The cycle begins again.

I had a cosuin that was killed because some dipshit wasn’t paying attention and hit him while he was crossing the street. Fuck nature taking its course.

ding ding ding! tell him what he’s won!

well, nothing actually, but you, ah, “nailed it” :lol:

with the european pedestrian crash regs now stipulating pedestrian safety (I forget the actual numbers, but their % of accidents involving pedestrians is wicked high) as a high priority, car companies are basically forced to redesign cars exteriors to comply with the new rules. now the marketing units picked up on it and are using it here in america as “honda cares”, or “vw is thinking ahead.” check the newest jag xk, the low-slung coupe, side-by-side with the outgoing car, and you’ll see the difference from the mandates.

look for higher hood profiles and less aggressive angles on front fascias, this is to prevent peds from getting their legs broken instantaneously. there is also the extra “crumple space” so when pedestrian “x” flops onto the hood, his organs don’t mush.

plus the infamous windshield airbags, but I’m not sure when those debut.

I’m not even sure what to think about this.

step 1. eliminate mini vans
step 2. eliminate women drivers
end result: safer roads. almost every time i see sombody do somthing stuped its a fucking minivan driver and a woman. I only know a few women that can actually drive decent.

Lets not group all women as bad drivers, it’s only like 99% of them that are actually bad.

I say push minivans and eliminate SUVs.

No reason for soccer moms to pimp SUVs and not need them. They have 3rd row seating in the windstar’s and caravans…

JEG - Your worse than most of the girl drivers I know… your like tied with maria