How bad would a C5 Z06 be in the snow?

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/f5/question-can-i-remove-air-dam-79850/

Interesting last post.

Winter air works a lot better for cooling too, and it would only be off during the snow months.

That black plastic thing does direct the air up through the radiator. If you remove the front plate cover and cut that opening open I’d imagine you’d be fine. A lot of guys do that anyway to aid in cooling, cold air intakes, etc. That front valance uses pop clips to hold it on, no big deal.

http://www.gscreationsllc.com/images/C5OilCooler6.jpg

I think you’d be fine as long as you don’t dive it in 12" + of snow.

I also like C5’s better then C6’s. Especially a C5 Zo6 compared to a base LS2 C6.

i’d rather take a 12" cock up the ass then drive a gold C4 vette

Buy snows that are a little taller than stock and I think it would take it like a champ. My Supra did awesome in the snow with tall snows on it a few years ago.

while eating turkey with gravy?

Anyways, lets just say in another 2 years you’d be looking to change out cars. So now its 2012. If anything thread title should read “How bad would a c6 z06 be in the snow?”

True. But I went C6 I think the Z06 is going to be outside my budget, even 2 years from now.

The guy down my street DDs a C6 and before that he had a C5 for like 5 years. He drives it 365 days a year with snows on in the winter. I live in West Seneca near the Southgate plaza, we don’t get the snow that they do in Colden but still quite a bit more than Williamsville. It seems to work for him.

somewhere right now on a vette forum somebody is asking how good a GTO is in the snow.

badassss

I saw one come into the gas station I worked at when I was 16 in a blizzard.

Go with 235 snows for sure, that is the size of a lot of cars these days anyway. Just worry about ground clearance for those few days the northtowns get hit. I know ultradriver’s car scrapes on just about everything when there is no snow, so imagine everything you will snag when there is a decent amount.

Honestly, just open the door and use your foot to push if you get stuck. Do this while rocking throwing it from first to reverse too. I’ve done this a ton of times and have always gotten myself out, even from times I was really pushing it to see what I could get through. I’ve even gotten the tires spinning in first and jumped out and pushed haha.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4002/4202044777_4808b6ca29.jpg

If you raise the ride height up all the way you won’t scrape on anything, I bet the clearance would be at least as good as a gto. I imagine it will still turn into a snowplow when it gets deep but in the northtowns most of the time I’d say no problem. You have the suv for those days anyway. As for cargo space the zo6 can fit a ton of stuff but the opening is kinda awkward and is the limiting factor on bigger items. Regular C6 and C5 Z06 are at similar prices but the C5 has a much more ‘raw’ personality and is the better performer, way better in some disciplines.

Now you are making me want to drive mine in the snow

when comparing C6’s to C5 ZO6’s keep in mind 05-07 are LS2’s and 08+ are LS3’s

theres always a bunch of debate over which is faster C5 ZO6s or LS3 C6s (LS3 = LS6 > LS2) , it basically boils down to which you like better, obviously I made my choice

I have seen C6 Z’s drop to the $35k range with higher miles…

my Vette scrapes when I pull in and out of my driveway , the airdam hits fucking everything, thankfully replacing it is sub $100, I cant imagine driving the car in a Buffalo winter but if your feeling bold do it up…

I would invest in these though-

http://www.saccitycorvette.com/Fangs.html

can’t read whole thread…

Car and Driver did it. Look it up.

My m5 handles the snow just fine on 265/19’s…

its one of the better cars ive had

Road boogers. Everytime you approach one you will have to ask yourself, “Is it hard or soft”?

I have to ask that question now in the GTO. Instead of waiting for an answer I just drive around them.

that plastic piece underneath isnt so much for cooling, moreso aero…use that car without it at a decent speed and see how long it is until you flip over or lose control and die

Missing sarcasm tags?

This makes me sad in the pants. I could never bring myself to subject such a nice ride to WNY winters.