How did 1st day go?

By the way mike, if you like Remington, My dad is on of the EXEC. IT guys in their corporate offices in NC. He gets some damn good deals on guns and accessories. let me know if you would like a list of guns on the WIP list…

Russ … Remington is my main brand. Sent me a txt or email of the list … i would really appriciate it bro!

are you moly coating your bullets yourself or does hornady sell them like that?

you wanna cut down copper fouling try running a patch soaked with lock-ease colliodal graphite then run a dry patch. no lie it works, do it every time after you’re done cleaning

vmax i think come moly coated, or atleast you can get them like that.

I think Barnes sells some moly coated loads for .22’s. i want to setup my 6mm remington with the 55-75 grain stuff and shoot that near if not over 4000 fps. :slight_smile:

One of the flattest shooting guns available. site in an inch high at 100, your dead at 200 and 12 low at 400.

saw a gray last night on a road a few miles from my house. I’ve never seen a gray fox ever, needless to say i’m anxious to find out if there’s any closer to me

I usally see more greys than reds!

ha, is that right? i’ve seen plenty of reds up my way.

well i shot 5 different loads today and i’ve concluded one thing. i can’t shoot worth a fuck when it’s this cold out.

i hate cold. My dad got a led sled bench rest and my gosh is that the best shooting rest i’ve used. with the heavy bags weighing it down it really makes all guns feel like 223’s. My heavy 12 gauge slug gun is mild on that rest recoil wise.

it holds the guns well and allows you to remain rock steady on target. Cold or not, it works well

i need to get a real benchrest and a real place to shoot before i can truely start making load comparisons. i’ve got a handful of good recipes now to get me started but i’m done shooting (recreational) unless it’s 40 or above

The .22 already come with the molly coating on them.

i see now that cabelas stocks some 25gr hornady hollowpoints that are moly coated. i also saw some lyman stuff in GM that you spray on and let dry. it seems like anytime you’re approaching 3700-4000 fps you should use some kind of graphite or moly to keep copper fouling to a minimum. it’ll probably keep throat errosion down too, even my fireball is prone to burning out prematurely if i was to shoot max loads all the time. i found 2 loads i’m comfortable shooting and they’re only mid-high on the chart.

foxrus14 what kind of powder are you using? I’ve had some luck with H322 and i’m going to give benchmark a try here soon. supposedly extruded powders are easier on the throat than ball type