how do i find info about my computer?

i received a gaming computer, i didnt pay anything for it, but i dont know enoguh about comps to find out who makes any of the stuff.

the case is black and red, with the door clear to see all the components, 3 of the 7 fans have blue leds.

any website i can go to to find out or what???

use “Belarc adviser”… it will let you know what kind of hardware you’re running :tup:

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

edit: and when in doubt, look up serial/model numbers and/or ask here

this comp is not running at the moment, i have to install an operating system

EDIT: i cannot find any serial numbers whatsoever

hmmm, post pics of the interior of the machine and I’m sure we can tell ya “most” of whats in there. Then again, you may be sol until you install an OS as it’s usually pretty tight and I’m sure you don’t want to go tear the machine apart looking for individual piece parts

did the person you got it from give you a list of the hardware installed?

[quote=“Dr.Stevil,post:4,topic:38285"”]

hmmm, post pics of the interior of the machine and I’m sure we can tell ya “most” of whats in there. Then again, you may be sol until you install an OS as it’s usually pretty tight and I’m sure you don’t want to go tear the machine apart looking for individual piece parts

did the person you got it from give you a list of the hardware installed?

[/quote]

< no

if i have another harddrive, with an operating system on it, can i hook it to the other comp and run?

go to start, then go run, then enter in, Dxdiag.exe. this will tell you everything about it.

Oh soz. chill, i only read first few posts my bad

[quote=“Krud,post:7,topic:38285"”]

go to start, then go run, then enter in, Dxdiag.exe. this will tell you everything about it.

[/quote]

THERE IS NO OPERATING SYSTEM

bring it to my house, ill look at it for you.

plug it in turn it on… take a piss on it… if it hurts like hell there is a good chance you have a power supply in it… if it hurts kills you… then you may not have a power supply and you pissed on the end of the plug

4x4 jimmy needs a windows xp (or anything but vista) operating system installation disc and code, he will pay for it to be delivered. call him, he just got banned for putting a thread in the wrong section his number - 432 6910 name is ray.