Joe Biden

Interesting choice of sections to quote, not really relevant but interesting none the less. The principle of separation of church and state generally only limits how religious topics may be taught, it does not prohibit teaching of religions in school.

There is not necessarily a “need” for teaching of religion in general in the classroom but there is a lot to be potentially gained from its inclusion. I’m speaking generally now, not in-depth Catholicism but perhaps something more like religions of the world for dummies. Not in sunday school format but more of like a social studies approach which could then discuss varied thoeries of creation, religious events, how religion conveys messages/ethics/morals/etc. Such teaching might actually get students to think about the world around them a bit more and understand possible viewpoints of others, etc. (which was at least part of the reasoning Palin gave for favoring it in the first place).

As for the parents responsibilty, I completely agree 100% that parents should be teaching morals/ethics along with a myriad of other things to their children. Problem is a lot of parents do not, or simply cannot either because they do not know or are not available due to reasons possibly beyond their control (work, death, MIA, incarceration).

Anything I have be able to find was based on the same single story of some liberal professor, last name Munger, that has been openly against Palin. If anyone has anything more I would gladly like to see it. Otherwise it appears to be nothing more that a big non-story.