how do manufacturers seal there bottles/jugs?

This is probably stupid to the majority of people here, but I was just curious if someone has or did work in a factory or just knows how and what I would need to factory seal a jug/container… Im thinking about making my own creatine blend suppliment and seeing if it has any luck selling online… So far I’ve got my product laid out, my containers laid out, know where to create my labels onto stickers to stick to container and got the legality part figured out for the most part…

When you buy a bottle of protein or creatine or no2 or w.e theres always a perfect un cut peice of plastic that you have to rip off to open your container… What would I need to mimic that?

Again, I know, on a car forum, mad random, stupid lol.

something like this would work
http://www.servipak.com/tamperevidentpreforms.htm

What happen Dave ? Got the wrong shit and now your breasts r tender ? Trying to return it won’t make em not sore dude .

^^^ LOL

Huuuuhhh lol

Instead of creatine ya got estrogens and now your breasts r tender !!!

LMAO

yeaaaaano

It’s nothing more than shrink wrap plastic. I use to run my own research company called 518research and I would make vials and seal them with this plastic shrink wrap. No I didn’t sell anything illegal, knew that would be asked.

how do manufacturers seal there bottles/jugs?

First off, it’s “their”

There are about 30 ways to put a tamper evident feature on a bottle or jar. Each specific to the finish or cap style.

I HIGHLY recommend that you do not do this, the rules and regulations regarding such products will incur severe penalties if you do not follow them.

ask me how I know

How do you know?.. not busting balls, im kind of interested

This is what I do for a living. You can see the black Jars on the ground there and they are essentially for something like this (not specifically this brand)

To the right in that picture is a new extrusion blow molder that produces about 30% of 3 of the most common sizes for the wide mouth jars used for supplements in the US.

When I worked on this project it was my job to ensure the jar could be filled, capped, and sealed properly and pass all the gov’t regulations for materials & cleanliness. Everything down to the grease on the machine has to be FDA certified.

Oh wow… thats actually really funny. Dave posts up a random thread… and theres an expert on the topic.

from what ive read (and I could be wrong) as long as I put text on the labels that this product is not FDA approved, it is legal to sell unless the FDA can actually prove that the product is harmful or bogus? I know alot of my protein/suppliments say shit like “these statements have not been FDA approved” ext.

Regaurdless, my stuff should be perfectly fine to even FDA approve as im just blending 3 types of creatine powder, a little caffeine and flavor, I just wanna make/sell one batch to see if this is worth going big time… if you simply type “creatine” into ebays completed listings, there is a rediiicuuuloouuussss amount of creatine being bought… I feel like a catchy display pic and interesting description would get them sold.

nobody steal my fuckin idea either! jk lol

I cant post from my computer for some reason.

Dave, you need a induction sealer http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Induction_sealing

Had a link for some equipment for you but my computer doesnt like shift.

Look up CFR section 21, it should send you in the right direction for FDA stuff. There is a difference between safety concerns and effectiveness claims from FDA good manufacturing practices IE making sure you didnt get shit in a bottle and sell it. Even cosmetics are held to the standards.

i used to be a packaing engineer for ge silicones. it was a pretty sweet job. for the creotine jugs it’s just skrink wrap as mentioned. if you actually want to go to production with something like this you will not be able to do it at home. i have a buddy who’s ftaher owns a packaging company in buffalo. they do packaginf for a bunch of companies and basically tool their machines/buy new machines to do whatever you want. he does a lot fo stuff for meguires car products. if you get serious, let me know and i’ll hook you up with him.

http://www.pleshcontractpackaging.com/index.php

are you taking other products and just mixing them?

what makes it so different from all the other crea blends out there? just curious.

first of all, no. Im taking pure monohydrate and mixing it with pure ethyl ester, adding about 100mg of caffeine per serving and some flavor… Creatine a super snazzy bottle and labels and market it online…

If you look online, ebay where id start, people are buying just about every damn creatine thats on there… Thought im gonna have caffeine in my product which is gonna give the person a nice boost preworkout unlike other creatines, I personally think its aaalllll about the look of the bottle lol…nothing more.

i am sure he is. i dont think he has a setup for synthesising his own shit.

fda does not regulate the “muscle builders” unless its a steroid. thats why you always see soo many brands.

so that means anybody can mix some shit and put a label on it for sale without the fda looking it over first.

you can put stuff in such small levels it does nothing. but it sounds cool.

i like gear but not supplements

“The dietary supplement industry is fighting the new FDA guidelines, saying they will be bad for business. I think they’ll be good for the health of anyone who chooses to take dietary supplements. What do you think?” quote from above