How do you feel about Pepboys

is that on sheridan in a plaza?

rotfl @ pepgirls!

pep-boys is just like every other chain business. some absolutely blow, and some are surprisingly good. it basically depends on the employee’s of each location. as a general rule though, I usually go to advanced or autozone before I go to pep-boys.

^ I generally try to go to Napa on Englewood (used to holla @ Skrapper), Advance, Lakeland, Autozone, PepBoys as a last resort.

It is on the same side of sheridan, across NFB. Right next to the big Rosas store.

They also price match online vendors like RockAuto…

Pepboys is closest to me so I usually go there unless I need something expensive. Advance usually has way better pricing than pepboys and them seem to be staffed better.

Advanced is definately staffed better.

Until the one piece of shit told me that running seafoam through my car would make it explode. I told him to take a break and watch me do it in the parking lot.

I poured in the the TB, revved it up, made a huge cloud of white smoke come out and then drove away.

Pepboys on McKinley is fine, I know most of the guys that work there and they have been there for years. They also price match and are really close to my house.

Autozone on Camp is also great. The guys there have been there for years, and I mean years. They have great prices and a lot of the stuff is actually made in america.

Advanced Auto seems to carry a bunch of parts that most other stores don’t carry, but they seem higher in price.

Overall I have never had a problem with any car part store, and I actually appove of pepboys.

Plus I got a siqqq deal on my tires. :slight_smile:

I used to be a shop counter rep for Hutchins Automotive. How many of you kids remember that place. That was a true parts shop. I worked at the location on the Blvd across from Don Davis and occasionally at the one at Delaware and Hertel, which let me even mix paint at both locations.

I also worked at AutoZone, and they were generally good, but they hired a lot of headstrong guys right out of the military. Not that great for customer service.

I worked at the one in NT just over the canal. They have so much vacant room in that old Tops building, I told them they should have been storing cars over the winter.

But Pep Boys still sucks. Both the Blvd and the North Buffalo location have not impressed me at all. I’ll drive 5 miles to an Advance Auto Parts before I go to Pep Boys.

hell yeah, I still shop at the one on camp rd. (although, I think it’s a carquest now… but the people that work there are still real knowledgeable)

um, shes short, kinda skanky looking, pony tail and smokes…u know…very attractive lol.

this thread sucks

thank you for your input :bloated:^

yea, i loved hutchins, cried when carquest bought it but its pretty much the same.

maybe if you prayed a little harder that would have taken back stuff you had open, I mean what a travesty, they wouldn’t take back and restock open box merchandise.

I love Pep Boys. I have a commercial account there so I always get the best prices there because they know me.

i just don’t bother with pep boys unless if i absolutely have to

like i’m in a warehouse full of people that don’t give a shit

I used to deal with them multiple times a day when i was in the business. I loved them till they came out with goldline?? (i think) reman stuff. That stuff was crap, well at least the rack and pinions were. I cant tell you how many free racks i put in under waranty. I can recall replacing a goldline rack that was under waranty with a moog one just so we wouldnt have to replace it a third time. And lets not go to their master cylinders LOL
Lu v u Joe LOL

Hate FTW

i said i wasnt worried about the loss of $5, well come to think of it, it was close to $10-15.
I was upset at how the customer service has gone down the tubes:zong:

Pep Boys is closest to me, almost never go there, anywhere else FTW

:picard:

I never have any problems with staff at any retail store.I go in,get my stuff and get out.No need for small talk.